Putfile Says Goodbye To Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbesyeo

Feb 16, 2005
Singapore
www.sxc.hu
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.putfile.com/putfile-goodbye-to-singapore.php

Putfile Says Goodbye To Singapore
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At dawn on December 2nd 2005, Singapore hanged a citizen of Australia, despite a plea for clemency from the United Nations. Whilst Putfile is not a human rights campaigning organization, we believe that if a country must have the death penalty, there is no need for it be barbaric. It is enough of a punishment, and a deterrent, to take someone's life in a painless manner, without having to be barbaric about it. Putfile prefers to not continue to provide our free uploading service to a country that executes prisoners by hanging, a method of execution which can take up to six minutes to painfully execute the victim.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For this reason, we are at this time terminating all service to users from Singapore. We shall be happy to restore service following any positive move from the government of Singapore towards abolition of hanging as an execution method.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Goodbye Singapore, [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Putfile.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/FONT]
Just saw this at Putfile. This is some sad shite man.:thumbsd:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Let them do whatever they want... Say whatever they want. Only they stand to lose by adopting this stance.

lol. i already said, some of them are losers. But then again, i never heard of putting any file. ;p

Sore losers... fuk them la... boo boo...:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :sticktong

6minutes? it supposed to be instantaneous...once your veterbrae(spell?) in ya neck disconnects, its gone....

what putfile? *search toilet* ;p

To hell with them. Should not black mail us man. You mean we must change our laws to make them happy? Don't need to put no file anywhere except on my pc.

if death by hanging is not instantaneous, it does seem inhumane. I mean even in handling livestock and poultry, they ensure instant death. Dont get me wrong, i applaud our nation in standing firm on the law, but the reason putfile cites makes a point. not sure if our lawmakers ever considered reviewing other modes of death penalty.

so if i am desperate enough to risk my life and be a drug runner (it's big money you know?)
all i will get, if i get caught is a nice guranteed painless death.

but if i do not be a drug runner, i will have to face my problems and maybe suffer and die a painful death eventually.

jeremyftk said:
Let them do whatever they want... Say whatever they want. Only they stand to lose by adopting this stance.

True!

never heard of this website anyway.:bsmilie:

ortega said:
so if i am desperate enough to risk my life and be a drug runner (it's big money you know?)
all i will get, if i get caught is a nice guranteed painless death.

but if i do not be a drug runner, i will have to face my problems and maybe suffer and die a painful death eventually.

Its a subjective issue of course. Its easy to say that when the person is not related to you. The remorse and pain and fear, will already come from moments before your death, not to mention death being the ultimate sentence itself. Is that not punishment enough?

Lethal Injection is painless, but it could be the Ultimate High for Drug user-cum-runner. Then the rate of trafficking may rise......:think:

Put Put Put sounds familiar, putfile........:dunno:

novello76 said:
if death by hanging is not instantaneous, it does seem inhumane. I mean even in handling livestock and poultry, they ensure instant death. Dont get me wrong, i applaud our nation in standing firm on the law, but the reason putfile cites makes a point. not sure if our lawmakers ever considered reviewing other modes of death penalty.

IMHO, Putfile makes no point in its ban action. :nono:

First, aren't they (Putfile) hypocrites for simply just banning ONLY S'pore? What about the rest of the world who also has death by hanging (including some states in the US)?

Second: Death by any other deliberate means doesn not necessarily mean less pain or a more humane death. Even with lethal injections, there are currently studies which suggest that the prisoner is still aware of the event, even though the drugs are suppose to knock him out first.

What gets me going is that the world seems to think that just because we are small, they can bad-mouth us and try to bully us. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.