Purple sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Took this photo few days ago.Please give me some comments on how to improve it.

hi, urm 1st thing i realise will tt e border is too strong. n it distracts me fr focusin on the content in the pic.=)

the flats look 2-d and awkward. too complicated, look for clean sharp lines.
sky need saturation. if you must include the flats take a different angle.

for me, it is the composition. if the composition works, the sky color and the tone on the flats would be acceptable to me.

hmm..so how do u guys suggest i should take this picture with correct composition?

There is great imbalance in the picture and therefore gives an arkward feel.

A building is a very heavy object while clouds and sky are light objects.

In addition, orange and brown gives a heavy weight feel while blue and purle is light.

With just a big orange-brownish building at the bottom-left corner and bluish/purple clouds/sky in the rest of the frame, the picture's bottom-left is very much heavier than the rest of the picture and thus gives an uneasy feel.

A small orange/brown object would give an impression of having the same weight as a larger bluish/purple object.

To achieve better balance, you probably need to position the bulding more centrally by moving to another shooing location. Alternatively, shoot using portrait frame (i.e. vertical) and have something else (a green field/trees or small distant houses etc.) at the bottom with sky on top.

In addition, you may want to consider using phototshop/editing to make the purple sky become very deep purplish and dampen the colour and brightness of the building so that the purple sky stands out from the rest since your title is the purple sky. As at now, the building catches much more attention (that's why people commented on the building instead of talking about the purple sky) since it is now much heaver in mass and colour than the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.