Purple Comes out Blue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldft

Nov 15, 2005
Hi Folks,

I took some photos of flowers, and with the 5D the purple ones came out more Blue than purple. Took the same set of flowers with the Panasonic FX5 and the colour is correct. (Ref Picture)

http://photobucket.com/albums/v632/wahtk/?action=view&current=ColourWrong.jpg

I tried both flash and no flash, various white balance settings, and although slight variations, still more blue than purple. Anyone else notice this? How do you overcome this?

Thanks for your advice.

you photo is too small to show :sweat:

I think mainly is the white balance problem, sometime it's not very accurate.

Set to custom white balance, try and see how.

ya.. maybe your monitor setting have tendency to the panasonic...
not necessarily the other one is correct...

he..he.. ya it is a problem...
a bit overexposed?

you can try to increase color setting... maybe just dull...

dull is not bad... it gives better space for post process.. but for a quick shooter.. it might be annoying...

ldft said:
Hi Folks,

I took some photos of flowers, and with the 5D the purple ones came out more Blue than purple. Took the same set of flowers with the Panasonic FX5 and the colour is correct. (Ref Picture)

I tried both flash and no flash, various white balance settings, and although slight variations, still more blue than purple. Anyone else notice this? How do you overcome this?

Thanks for your advice.

Small pictures.. can post bigger one?

To me, it looks purple to me (on my calibrated CRT monitor)... did you check you monitor?

Hart

Agetan said:
Small pictures.. can post bigger one?

To me, it looks purple to me (on my calibrated CRT monitor)... did you check you monitor?

Hart

Hi All,

Yeah, on a different monitor it now looks purple, guess it is a monitor calibration issue, hmmmm:think: But the reason I asked this is that on the camera (5D) screen, it looks very blue. Guess I can't trust the camera's screen to determine the correctness of the colour, which could make setting white balance a challenge.

Thanks for all the comments

ldft said:
Hi All,

Yeah, on a different monitor it now looks purple, guess it is a monitor calibration issue, hmmmm:think: But the reason I asked this is that on the camera (5D) screen, it looks very blue. Guess I can't trust the camera's screen to determine the correctness of the colour, which could make setting white balance a challenge.

Thanks for all the comments

One of the negative point on KM5D is the LCD.. lousy resolution and quality..
:thumbsd:

bo bian....cos lcd screen is one of the most costly part.
mabbe wait for the coming sony dslr and see how

Have to wait for PMA anouncement, then Summer (June or later) then come out. Bro, the BBB virus making your hand itchy again? :bsmilie:

zcf said:
Have to wait for PMA anouncement, then Summer (June or later) then come out. Bro, the BBB virus making your hand itchy again? :bsmilie:
Must resist the temptation
no more purchase of any more lens and body for me this year......i wish...

Eyesthruthelens said:
One of the negative point on KM5D is the LCD.. lousy resolution and quality..
:thumbsd:

when sony come up with a new DSLR, den i sell u my 7D... onz bo? :bsmilie:

anyway, this is 1 thing i dun even notice lor... can't tell the diff between purple & blue..

ldft said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your advice.
i feel that the AWB on 5D blows, always gives wrong colours, i felt that using preset WB is much better. my own opinion anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.