Purely Innocent or Plain Unethical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuichi79

Jul 6, 2009
Just back from a lens viewing/deal from BnS listed thread CS bro and very disappointed....

Condition was stated 10/10, no dust, no fungus and no scratch.

And seconds within the moment I look into the lens..... I saw a big bright crack at the extreme corner.... some fungus and lots of dust. Internal dust somemore.... wasted my trip and a piece of lens tissue to clean the front element..... haiz....

Lucky I learn quick a few tricks of how to check lens from a friend of mine... but then, only use <10% of what I learn on this deal coz it was blatantly obvious.

How to manage such cases? Purely Innocent or plain unethical?

so what was his excuse?

"Got meh?"
lolz

but thinking about it... I dun see BnS forum got ppl posting:

Condition 5/10, some crack and traces of fungus, with quite obvious internal dust. :bsmilie:

I guess... ... buyers beware... be careful all newbie bros out there yah...
cheap things no good, good things no cheap. Good hunting! :cool:

"Got meh?"
lolz

but thinking about it... I dun see BnS forum got ppl posting:

Condition 5/10, some crack and traces of fungus, with quite obvious internal dust. :bsmilie:

I guess... ... buyers beware... be careful all newbie bros out there yah...
cheap things no good, good things no cheap. Good hunting! :cool:

ive seen some.
but yea sometimes you get alot of ppl that wanna offload thier faulty stuff fast to unsuspecting victims. :dunno:

expose him loh...most of the time i always request to view first.

Errmmm... dunno if its appropriate for me to disclose too much... Anyway... its just a cheap nikon lens <$200.

Request to view you have already wasted the trip mah, just dun like the fact that the post was not even half truthful.

Errmmm... dunno if its appropriate for me to disclose too much... Anyway... its just a cheap nikon lens <$200.

Request to view you have already wasted the trip mah, just dun like the fact that the post was not even half truthful.

You actually bought the lens when the condition stated is not the actual condition of the lens?

You actually bought the lens when the condition stated is not the actual condition of the lens?
Have you eventually read properly what he post before posting this?

i dun think dat guy is innocent....:nono:

he lookin for kai zi to buy his lens...:think:

exposure him i say, cos wait other gong gong ppl kena lor..:cool:

Have you eventually read properly what he post before posting this?

He never state whether did he purchase the lens after viewing.
I know of some buyers who go ahead to purchase the items even if the condition is not as stated. :dunno:

There will be many questionable buyer/seller in CS.

I once sold a new cam/lens to someone, confidently told him that it was mint, super well taken care of,etc etc.. And he said "As long as its works.."

Wah, very shock to hear this from a photographer!
True enough, very soon after, he's trying to sell it here for a S$50 profit...lol:bsmilie:

And I really doubt he'll be the kind who'll take care of the lens. "As long as it works"..

Last edited:
Just back from a lens viewing/deal from BnS listed thread CS bro and very disappointed....

Condition was stated 10/10, no dust, no fungus and no scratch.

And seconds within the moment I look into the lens..... I saw a big bright crack at the extreme corner.... some fungus and lots of dust. Internal dust somemore.... wasted my trip and a piece of lens tissue to clean the front element..... haiz....

Lucky I learn quick a few tricks of how to check lens from a friend of mine... but then, only use <10% of what I learn on this deal coz it was blatantly obvious.

How to manage such cases? Purely Innocent or plain unethical?

that the internet BnS world for you... nothing to get pissed off...

There will be many questionable buyer/seller in CS.

I once sold a new cam/lens to someone, confidently told him that it was mint, super well taken care of,etc etc.. And he said "As long as its works.."

Wah, very shock to hear this from a photographer!
True enough, very soon after, he's trying to sell it here for a S$50 profit...lol:bsmilie:

And I really doubt he'll be the kind who'll take care of the lens. "As long as it works"..

You are right.
Buy at low price, even bargain with sellers.
After that few days later, sell on BnS at a higher price.

was the seller a xmm with a lollipop in her mouth? :bsmilie:

that is the only image that comes to mind as termed as "purely innocent" in clubsnap. :bsmilie:

wasted trip is better than handing the cash over to him...

was the seller a xmm with a lollipop in her mouth? :bsmilie:

that is the only image that comes to mind as termed as "purely innocent" in clubsnap. :bsmilie:

Dn't bluff, I'm quite sure innocence was furthest from your mind when u conjure up that image though...lol:bsmilie:

that the internet BnS world for you... nothing to get pissed off...

nah... not pissed off at all... just disappointed and a bit dismayed...

He never state whether did he purchase the lens after viewing.
I know of some buyers who go ahead to purchase the items even if the condition is not as stated. :dunno:

Sorry bros for causing the confusion. Nope, did not buy in the end.

wasted trip is better than handing the cash over to him...

yeah.... :thumbsup:
Wasted a piece of my lens tissue in a futile attempt to clean the lens too :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Haha, you shouldn't even waste that piece of lens tissue man. :bsmilie:
Why not just exposed his nick so that potential buyers will not waste their time to deal with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.