Pure Art 3.5 [b/w photography exhibition] 22 - 31 Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

Feb 14, 2003
Woodlands
www.ntu.edu.sg
Pure Art 3.5 is an exhibition that celebrates that art of black and white photography over the past 35 years at SAFRA Photographic Club. It is also an opportunity for all SAFRA Photographic Club members to exhibit their best work in traditional black and white photograpy.

Dates: 22 - 31 Dec 2007
Time: 10am to 6pm daily
Venue: Teochew Building (Exhibition Hall), 97 Tank Road, Singapore 238066

Free - open to public

Click here for more info.

Put up the poster here for easier reference. Do come and take a look. I was at the selection that day and I must say I am very impressed with the selected works for the exhibition. B&W at its best......

pureart35-exhibitn-web-896.jpg

PURE ART 3.5 – A Black & White Exhibition-cum-Seminar

- OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY, 10:30am, SAT, 22 DEC 07

All are welcome for the exhibition. The exhibition launch will be on 22nd Dec, 10.15am. Venue will be 97, Tank Road Teochew Building. Hope to see lovers of photography, esp b&w photography there for the launch!

Thanks to those who came for the exhibition launch. Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves.

I have enjoyed myself during the seminar. By the way, I am the only girl among 4 people from Temasek Poly Visual Central (a photography club). haha... My friend and I got our Nikon cameras (D70s and D80 respectively) out and got a shot of the photographer. hehe... :bsmilie:
2128972306_9c39275053.jpg
The photographer. :angel:

Hi there, thanks for the nice photo.

Here is the photo that I took of you two taking a photo of me.

ROBI1673.jpg

I have enjoyed myself during the seminar. By the way, I am the only girl among 4 people from Temasek Poly Visual Central (a photography club). haha... My friend and I got our Nikon cameras (D70s and D80 respectively) out and got a shot of the photographer. hehe... :bsmilie:
2128972306_9c39275053.jpg
The photographer. :angel:

good to see so many traditional prints...those taken by the 1st generation really has the nostalgic feel. the s'pore river, taxi etc.

Is the exhibition on everyday, and what's the opening hours? Thanks..

Is the exhibition on everyday, and what's the opening hours? Thanks..
22nd december to 31st December 10am to 6pm.
not sure about public holidays tho.

No worries - I've checked with the security at Teochew building and they have assured me that they are opened on Sundays and public holidays too :) :) Anyway, I'm glad so many of you enjoyed the exhibition and I hope the next time around it'll be even better :)

I hope the next time around it'll be even better :)

There is some room for improvement. I was quite saddened at how many prints were damaged due to careless handling - dirt, scratches, creases, and even marks from writing with a hard ballpoint pen (using the soft gelatin surface of the photo paper as a "desk mat"). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but I noticed similar problems at other photo exhibitions at Ngee Ann Kongsi (NAPE 2006 & 2007) before.

The effort to promote photography as an art would be more credible if the photographs would be treated with the care and respect commonly afforded to art objects. I pity those who contributed their photographs in good faith - to them it must feel like a slap in the face.

There is some room for improvement. I was quite saddened at how many prints were damaged due to careless handling - dirt, scratches, creases, and even marks from writing with a hard ballpoint pen (using the soft gelatin surface of the photo paper as a "desk mat"). I'm not sure who is responsible for this, but I noticed similar problems at other photo exhibitions at Ngee Ann Kongsi (NAPE 2006 & 2007) before.

The effort to promote photography as an art would be more credible if the photographs would be treated with the care and respect commonly afforded to art objects. I pity those who contributed their photographs in good faith - to them it must feel like a slap in the face.
Hmm... maybe you can point those pictures that were damaged to the organiser?

I noticed some of the damage too and regret the damage. But alot of the the photos were very old prints contributed by the photographers and some of them were in the condition that it were when we received them. But we will take note and strive to do better in future exhibitions.

Double Post

Status
Not open for further replies.