Purchasing lens from BH Photo - which shipping method to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
I noticed that some items, e.g. lenses and flash are much cheaper from the US compared to the stores here. Anyone know which of these are more reliable for delivery to Singapore? Price differences for the first 3 items are similar.

AIRMAIL PARCEL POST $42.50
GLOBAL EXPRESS MAIL $50.50
UPS EXPRESS $46.00
FED EX PRIORITY $98.00

mpenza said:
I noticed that some items, e.g. lenses and flash are much cheaper from the US compared to the stores here. Anyone know which of these are more reliable for delivery to Singapore? Price differences for the first 3 items are similar.

UPS EXPRESS $46.00
FED EX PRIORITY $98.00
Generally speaking Courier services like UPS, FedEx, DHL..etc are more reliable than the generic Postal services but they are more expensive.

In the above, it seems that UPS is almost the same price as the AIRMAIL. only US$3.50 difference

Personally I would go for the UPS EXPRESS.

mpenza said:

UPS EXPRESS $46.00
FED EX PRIORITY $98.00

I had shipped with the UPS Express option from B&H before, quite reliable I must say :)

PS. Are you buying something there? If you are, can I tag along for another item? ;)

Thanks guys, for the feedback :) the item I want is out of stock at the moment. will let you know if I decide to get it later....

Me also intend to buy an item from B&H...perhaps we could do an MO for this consolidated shipping thing.

I used both UPS Express and Fedex International; they were both excellent. Make sure you have insurance on them.

Be aware that Singapore Custom charges GST on my items. So they may charge you too.

MO is a good idea; I am planning some purchase so we can tag along?? Save on shipping charges!

:bsmilie:

I have some items in mind that I want to buy, might be cheaper if I get it from B&H. Keep me posted guys! Thanks. :)

Sgt. Pepper said:
I have some items in mind that I want to buy, might be cheaper if I get it from B&H. Keep me posted guys! Thanks. :)

I want to get 3 Raynox 0.72 convertors. They don't sell it in Singapore, but B&H has it. Keep me posted please, so we can share the shipping.

BTW, I think UPS is the best bang for buck. Fedex is too expensive. Too bad. UPS used to be the main courier for B&H, but during a crippling UPS strike a few years ago, B&H changed over to Fedex.

guys, don't need to wait for me. the item that I want (EF 70-200 F4L) is likely to be out of stock for quite a while. go ahead and organise the MO if you need the items soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.