Purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mMoHiCaNn

Feb 22, 2008
hi guys,

as i would be getting my camera very soon,would appreciate some advice on whether

should i purchase the 450D kit + 50mm f/1.8 II+ 55-250mm+batt grip all at one go or should

i just start of with the camera + kit lens? what other stuff to get apart from lens,batt grip

and a dry cabinet. things like filters,hoods,tripod,screen protectors,cleaning kits etc? would

appreciate some advise andrecommendations as well cause after buying the mains i don't

think i have much left to spend. thx. cheers.

Regards.

"450D kit + 50mm f/1.8 II+ 55-250mm"

why duplicate the 50mm?

wat subject will u shoot?

do u need the batt grip?

do u need effects of filter(s), maybe, except for protecting the front element?

for a start, i'd say camera + standard kit lens + dry box + understanding key technical aspects + shooting real subjects (not test charts or brick walls)

in order to take photos, all u need is a 1 camera loaded with battery + 1 lens + 1 memory card. rest are up to ur needs or wants. if u need/want it, u buy it.

why duplicate the 50mm?

duplicate!?:bigeyes: the 50mm prime lens and the telezoom lens are completely different in so many ways! Image quality, speed, etc, they are definately not anywhere close to each other! ;)

btw, to TS, I think the 55-250 and 50mm are gd lenses and even if you picked just one, you still can craft great photos. However, imho, buying them all in one go can save you a decent sum of money :thumbsup: Is you Really are serious about using them at least :)

duplicate!?:bigeyes: the 50mm prime lens and the telezoom lens are completely different in so many ways! Image quality, speed, etc, they are definately not anywhere close to each other! ;)

btw, to TS, I think the 55-250 and 50mm are gd lenses and even if you picked just one, you still can craft great photos. However, imho, buying them all in one go can save you a decent sum of money :thumbsup: Is you Really are serious about using them at least :)

but wat about the dry cab? lol. imho, buy a dry cab first, then with additional lens. i guess you are more into potraits and landscape?

TS..... what is your MAX buget ?? :bsmilie:

Cause getting the lens and camera + Dry Cab are just the beginning of your spending..... you would also need a Flash, Tripod.... etc. :sweat:

Unless you need all those lens.... suggest you start slow..... Just the 450D + a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 (better than Canon's kit lens.... IS or no IS). Save your money for the Flash (very useful and suggest you get the 580EX MkII) and Dry Cab (a must have)....

Just my 2-Cents worth..... :thumbsup:

why duplicate the 50mm?

wat subject will u shoot?

do u need the batt grip?

do u need effects of filter(s), maybe, except for protecting the front element?

for a start, i'd say camera + standard kit lens + dry box + understanding key technical aspects + shooting real subjects (not test charts or brick walls)

I agree with attap seed, except I don't understand about the duplicate. 50 f/1.8 is a great lens, you can use it to understand the technical details.

Get things that you really need. Dry box is not 100% necessary, but good to have. Consider a batt grip only if you want to shoot for a long time and don't mind the weight.

by duplicate, i mean the focal length, 50 vs 55.

1 is much faster than the other. however, does it matter to someone w limited budget, getting a complete camera kit?

of course, if there is a promotion in getting the camera, 50 and 55-200, then it may be a good deal.

however, i still feel that for a start, the modest 18-55, will be much more general purpose.

there are many things that are good to ve (10-22, 17-55, 70-210, primeS 28, 35, 30, 85, 100, 135, flash, tripod, cable release, filterS, camera bagS, light meter... ...), but like ExplorerZ said, the absolute essentials are only these few.

by duplicate, i mean the focal length, 50 vs 55.

yea, i get what you mean ;) Just that imho, considering only focal length is similar they are really different

But you do have a point :think: If TS is just beginning photography, maybe a 50mm prime isn't so necessary :sweat:

But like i said: the moar you buy, the cheaper ;p

yea, i get what you mean ;) Just that imho, considering only focal length is similar they are really different

But you do have a point :think: If TS is just beginning photography, maybe a 50mm prime isn't so necessary :sweat:

But like i said: the moar you buy, the cheaper ;p

provided u bought at the right place n also...not every seeling cheaper at one shop...not everything. is TS just start which i believe base on the question...just use cam w a std zoom and see how it go n buy when times or budget is right...what's the pt buying everything at once but realise not to his liking or usage, how? throw to BnS?

I'll say go for the camera with the kit lens if you are just starting out. It provide you with the basic platform to start with. You'll have the versability of a lens that can be use from shooting street, landscape to portrait.

If and when your interest picks up, you might want to start taking pictures of insects, wildlife, sports, people. This is when you move onto another plane where it's gonna be costlier and painful on the pocket where you need specialized glasses like macro, telephoto lens.

Have your consideration included that the 450D has a crop factor of 1.6x? Shooting wide is an option you do not have if you choose to go with the 50mm/55-250mm.

thx alot guys for all ur advises..Well..my max budget is around $2000. erm..actually had the opp to actually played around with my cousin's 350D for abit n tat's wad actualli tempted me to get an SLR. will take wad u guys said into consideration.. many thx.. cheers.

i think for 450D kit lens which i assume 18-55 IS, F1.8 50mm and 55-250IS almost cover most of it for a beginner.
I have the same config on my 400D and eventually upgrade to F1.4 50mm, F2.8 24mm and 10-22 wide lens due to BBB virus
Yup depend on your needs, as I have to shoot my toddler so most of my later lens are prime large aperture lens instead.

Yeah a good start with this 3 lens.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.