purchase from ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
just wish to find out this topic, if most of you here or any of you here do make purchases online and through international like ebay from US or HK.

any recommended reliable source?

If you are buying from a power seller you should be fine.

Hey Akag,

Same sentiments with u here. Like to find out from some spore bros who have bought from internet and how's the experience. Now the Yen has weakened considerably, making japanese imports cheaper, but so far, WHERE"S THE PRICE DECREASE? Shops are still not passing the savings to consumers. Internet would be the way to go.

heard some bros bought from Tin cheung, Hong Kong. Price much cheaper than Spore, and also quite reliable. Would appreciate if got some bros who have bought from hong kong via internet share their experience. Thanks in advance!

yup.. everything up, need to find ways to counter BBB.

i ordered some stuff from bhphoto before. but now with some increases across the board, have to be more careful and diligent in comparing best pricing.

i think now the exchange rate is not in favour for singapore also with the weakening of the singapore dollar..

From Aust, shipping to us and exchange rate is rather gd.

Hey Akag,

Same sentiments with u here. Like to find out from some spore bros who have bought from internet and how's the experience. Now the Yen has weakened considerably, making japanese imports cheaper, but so far, WHERE"S THE PRICE DECREASE? Shops are still not passing the savings to consumers. Internet would be the way to go.

heard some bros bought from Tin cheung, Hong Kong. Price much cheaper than Spore, and also quite reliable. Would appreciate if got some bros who have bought from hong kong via internet share their experience. Thanks in advance!
I think you are not following the excahnage rates? The YEN has INCREASED (not decreased lah), prices in HK have increased, also for grey items there.........Actually the differemce between HK and SIN is smaller now than a few months ago

HS

I guessed the gap of saving more narrowed but nonetheless, saving the few dollars cheaper still beat anything.
And on top of price factor, reliable of the purchasing source and warranty validity are the 2 main factors now.

I heard from 1 CSer that he made offshore purchase from amazon.

Hey Akag,

Now the Yen has weakened considerably, making japanese imports cheaper, but so far, WHERE"S THE PRICE DECREASE? Shops are still not passing the savings to consumers. Internet would be the way to go.

Eh, the Yen is still strong. The prices went up instead of down. :)

Eh, the Yen is still strong. The prices went up instead of down. :)

1/21/2009 Wednesday 58.39217 JPY SGD JPY rate for 1/21/2009
1/22/2009 Thursday 59.18164 JPY SGD JPY rate for 1/22/2009
1/23/2009 Friday 59.15205 JPY SGD JPY rate for 1/23/2009
1/24/2009 Saturday 59.76821 JPY SGD JPY rate for 1/24/2009
1/25/2009 Sunday 59.76821 JPY SGD JPY rate for 1/25/2009

There was a short term drop in Yen around the period of my post and still hovering about there. more than 100 over pips intraday. Long term trend yen may still strengthen, but it depends on the world economy. I'd say the yen has reached relatively high levels already. Verytoppish, and all we need is some good news on the US front to have the yen back to free fall, but will the savings be passed down to us consumers?

Has anyone been charged GST when purchasing from the internet?

I normally buy stuff off ebay or independent US websites and then get it shipped to either fren's hotel (Passing thru US) or colleagues there for them to carry into Asia for me when they come thru.

Hee.... no GST, no international postage. I make use of the FOC ground shipping in US if I can.

Downside is that you don't get to check your purchase and make rejects and also no warranties etc.....

seems like internet purchase is very tough move

Status
Not open for further replies.