Purchase at The Camera Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwjd82

Dec 28, 2007
Red Tomato Town
www.henry.sg
Does anyone here always purchase stuffs at The Camera Workshop? I juz bought a lambency diffuser from them at $35 but the shop at Sim Lim Sq Level 6 is only selling at $20. Tago Tech is also selling at $20. I find that they are overcharging us on the accessories. Can anyone verify with me how much you bought your infrared filter? I bought mine for $88.

Last edited:
haha..they once quote me a hood at 3-4 times what i can get elsewhere...must do homework before going there. unless u know them really well...they are at the bottom of my list to go there and buy anything.

I think, like many other shops, you really have to know exactly what you want to buy and the market price.
Don't you agree?

yup. know the price. but the idea of having to bargain piss me off. quote me the right price first go, u good i good. no need waste time.

sometimes also don't understand why they want to do this to generate a bad reputation...i know i am paying higher for some stuffs i buy(camera or non-camera) but if reasonable i don't mind. imagine to charge u 3-4 times higher...what does that says man..

wat to do..always do ur homework b4 buyin it lor...

I once saw a foreigner purchased a lambency diffuser at ard $50 at OP lor...I was like WTH:eek:

but the foreigner thot he got himself a gd deal lor...

Last edited:
i suspect now my infrared filter may only cost less than $50. Oh man.
I've written them an email. Let's see what their response.

Does anyone here always purchase stuffs at The Camera Workshop? I juz bought a lambency diffuser from them at $35 but the shop at Sim Lim Sq Level 6 is only selling at $20. Tago Tech is also selling at $20. I find that they are overcharging us on the accessories. Can anyone verify with me how much you bought your infrared filter? I bought mine for $88.

I knew the price. They quoted me $30 but I'm only willing to pay $20 so I headed to OP and got it for $20.

They are just making a living. :angel:

I think, like many other shops, you really have to know exactly what you want to buy and the market price.
Don't you agree?

Yes, it definitely helps to know your prices well,

not giving those shops a chance to over-charge you

Hongsien: Hoya Infrared Filter 58mm
How much you bought?
Sorry, I didn't buy this filter, just wanted to point that price depends on the filtersize and kind of filter. IR filters are not cheap........

I would suggest to make a fair comparison is to check the price at another shop first before making comments about a certain seller here........

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.