Purchase at Nikon Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Jan 24, 2002
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
Hi, Can anybody tells me if I can actually purchase things like accessories at Nikon centre ?. Will be there this friday morning to clean my CCD. Any others going ?.

Recently went there, they do not sell anything other than some camera straps and camera raincoat. I have checked with the staff but were asked to check with outside vendor.

They sell things like camera strap, LCD cover, camera and lens raincoat, and some magnifying glass. You can also pick up some nice brochure for your dream camera and lens.

And not forgetting, if you're a NPS member I remember it's 20% off for products (excluding lenses & cameras :bsmilie: ) and 15% off for services, parts exclusive.

LCD Protectors, straps are there. Batteries and such I think outside is cheaper :)

Errr espn you NPS member ?. I only armature and trying to understand Nikon all over again leh. Don't think they will accept me as a member. :(
Any members going there on Friday morning ?? ;p

espn said:
And not forgetting, if you're a NPS member I remember it's 20% off for products (excluding lenses & cameras :bsmilie: ) and 15% off for services, parts exclusive.

LCD Protectors, straps are there. Batteries and such I think outside is cheaper :)

Dennis said:
Errr espn you NPS member ?. I only armature and trying to understand Nikon all over again leh. Don't think they will accept me as a member. :(
Any members going there on Friday morning ?? ;p

You amatuer my foot :bsmilie:

Nope.. friday have to work else I don't mind accompanying u to get my CCD cleaned. :) Perhaps you can try AJ23 or sykestang or even gadrian :)

I think espn is a senior NPS member, while the rest of us are normal NPS members. :D :D :D
Seriously, there is also a 20% discount for service, such as camera repair.

Astin said:
I think espn is a senior NPS member, while the rest of us are normal NPS members. :D :D :D
Seriously, there is also a 20% discount for service, such as camera repair.
Astin, no lah.. I only amatuer... still learning what is P, S, A, M and what is aperture & shutter. :D

Thanks but no problem, my camera still under warrenty (cleaning is free right) and I only wanted small accessories like 77mm lens cap.
Do you test the camera on the spot after cleaning the CCD ??.
I only wanted it cleaned because I get spots only when I take macro shots stopped down to over f16 otherwise it is not so noticable. You think I should get it done or will it comes out worse.

espn said:
You amatuer my foot :bsmilie:

Nope.. friday have to work else I don't mind accompanying u to get my CCD cleaned. :) Perhaps you can try AJ23 or sykestang or even gadrian :)

sorry, but what is NPS?

Dennis said:
Thanks but no problem, my camera still under warrenty (cleaning is free right) and I only wanted small accessories like 77mm lens cap.
Do you test the camera on the spot after cleaning the CCD ??.
I only wanted it cleaned because I get spots only when I take macro shots stopped down to over f16 otherwise it is not so noticable. You think I should get it done or will it comes out worse.

Yep, free if your camera is still under warranty. :)

The 77 lens cap I don't think is available at the service centre, I believe they're out of the center grip lens cap themselves :(

You can test the CCD very easily. Set apeture using a 50/1.8 to f/22, shoot against the white pillar and zoom, shouldn't be too hard to miss the dusts still on the CCD. If you KS, bring a notebook like somebody I know here :bsmilie:

You mean they have no center grip lens cap ??.
Anybody know where I can get one?.

espn said:
Yep, free if your camera is still under warranty. :)

The 77 lens cap I don't think is available at the service centre, I believe they're out of the center grip lens cap themselves :(

You can test the CCD very easily. Set apeture using a 50/1.8 to f/22, shoot against the white pillar and zoom, shouldn't be too hard to miss the dusts still on the CCD. If you KS, bring a notebook like somebody I know here :bsmilie:

Dennis said:
You mean they have no center grip lens cap ??.
Anybody know where I can get one?.
You can wait for sykestang to order in from Japan the 77 center grips, apart from that, I don't know anywhere else in SG has stock. I'm interested in one or two as well... :(

Thanks looks like will have to wait.

espn said:
You can wait for sykestang to order in from Japan the 77 center grips, apart from that, I don't know anywhere else in SG has stock. I'm interested in one or two as well... :(

Astin said:
They sell things like camera strap, LCD cover, camera and lens raincoat, and some magnifying glass. You can also pick up some nice brochure for your dream camera and lens.

What's the price for the D70 LCD Cover?

Astin said:
Should be about $20, if you NPS member got 20% discount somemore.

Thanks!!! appreciate it.

Astin said:

Anyone knows how much the raincoat is and how much coverage it provides i.e covers the SLR unit + 80-200 lens.

If not is there anything else more suitable to protect the equipment from sea and salt spray when brought onto a boat.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.