Punngol Park macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyH

Jun 27, 2005
Hougang, s'pore
Here are some pictures I took this afternoon. just OK shots IMO nothing special. Didnt have a real macro lens with me so I used the 18-55mm. Met Mendis there too very nice lens and flash setup he got. Looking to see those he took as well.

damselfly. got to use the extending viewfinder technique as it was low down
54815494.damsel5.jpg

fast moving ant. it didnt look good in color.
54815499.ant1.jpg

unknown species of spider. first try with the detached lens technique. better magnification but poor contrast and DOF. forgive the OOF legs
54815584.spider1.jpg

Not really a macro pic. But just want to share an abstract picture taken at the park.

54816013.abs1.jpg

gee.. will post soon bro!

I like your pictures! You certainly compose well! Should keep in contact! ;)

Thanks. Saw your earlier posts. Very sharp spider pics looking forward to see more of them.

JimmyH said:
Not really a macro pic. But just want to share an abstract picture taken at the park.

54816013.abs1.jpg

Looks like crocodiles =X

Thanks. Unfortunately i couldnt get have got any closer. I used a 350D and had to squat down with my arm outstretched and see through the tiny viewfinder from a distance. Any closer I have to sit in the water.

This is one that I got earlier in june
45893824.damsel5.jpg

wow... the sharpness is excellent:thumbsup: Taken with the 18-55? I assume it's the lens kit?:think:

The top three taken with kit lens. The last damselfly is with ps pro1 in super macro mode. I find kit lens quite sharp if subject is big but maybe not good enough for damsels and spiders? Anyone use kit lens for macros? I would like to see waht it can do.

Kit lens itself can't do much but I've seen someone shot with kit lens and 50mm ext tube. This combo will have about 1:1. The result is very good:)

I have been enjoying your gallery. Oh my :eek: You have some of the most amazing shots. like damselfly eating damselfly. Where do you shoot those beautiful robberflies?

Thanks:) Robberflies, they are almost everywhere. Pulau ubin, macritchie res, lower pierce res, punggol end, amk garden... ;p

Hi JimmyH,

How did you shoot the dragonfly? Is this a 100% crop or the whole frame of the picture you took. Very nice indeed for using a non-macro setup.

Did you reverse the lens or something?

Thanks,
tltan

JimmyH said:
I have been enjoying your gallery. Oh my :eek: You have some of the most amazing shots. like damselfly eating damselfly. Where do you shoot those beautiful robberflies?

kit lens?
wow, so good.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.