東京 Tokyo
INFORMATION UPDATED ON 26TH NOV!

10208punggol-med.jpg

highlighted are four possible locations for the shoot,

a. Serangoon Riverfront
b. Punggol End, Punggol Jetty
c. Punggol End, former SAF training area
d. 'Punggol House'

To all participating, we may/may not cover all locations depending on time/weather etc.

Part 1 Sunrise Shoot

1. meet eikin at 6am or 6.30am at location 'X' to proceed to location 'a'
(will leave on the dot, i.e. leave AT 6am and 6.30am, do not be late!)

drivers can park at Punggol Plaza, location 'p1'

alternatively for those living around 638 cluster of flats, you can

new! 2. meet poohbear at 6.10am at location 'p4', Prime Mart, after which follow poohbear to the busstop for the 6.30am group

Part 2 Breakfast and day shoot

1. 9am breakfast at location 'p1', Punggol Plaza Koufu Foodcourt, will take a heavier meal to last through lunchtime, can take away some snacks at NTUC

2. will proceed to location 'b' and 'c' for day shoot

3. transportation: choice of taking 2 buses (83 or 3 and then change to 82) or walk to locations

Part 3 3pm Kopi break at location 'p2', coffeeshop and late afternoon shoot

1. after which choice of shooting heartland activities and/or location 'd', 'Punggol house', Punggol River

2. sunset shoot around location'd' or Punggol River to round up the day, dinner will be considered later

Things to bring

1. necessary camera equipment: cameras, tripods (especially for sunrise), specific lenses, batteries, CF/SD cards etc.

2. rain gear (light rain coat and plastic bags for equipment in case of sudden rain)

new! 3. topped-up EZ-link card and some cash on hand (for breakfast, kopi break and maybe need to buy water, snacks, batteries etc.)

Attire (recommended, not compulsory)

1. cap/hat
2. light ventilated top
3. cargo pants/berms (pants recommended for protection against insect bites and 'bush bashing')
4. shoes for wear and tear purpose
5. sunblock and insect repellent optional

Emergency

1. in case of an impending storm, pack equipment (properly waterproof) and walk to nearest shelter,

at location 'a', move to location 'p4'
at location 'b' and 'c', move to busstop at location 'b'
at location 'd' and punggol river, move to location 'p3'

new! 2. clinics are located at 'p4' and 'p1', in case of serious emergency, major hospitals are here:

Changi General Hospital
(take TPE towards Tampines, exit into PIE towards Jurong)

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...1.84&clickMap=0

Mount Alvernia Hospital
(take Punggol East, Upper Serangoon, Braddell Road)

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...&star=1&level=5

Tan Tock Seng Hospital
(take TPE towards seletar, turn into SLE and exit into CTE)

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/m...&star=1&level=5

reminder!

please PM evq your contact number for all particpating, a list of contact numbers will be PMed to all participants tonight (26th Nov)

particpants' list so far (11am, 26 th Nov)

1. eikin
2. evq (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
3. rainman - 6am group
4. SnapSnap + SnapSnap's wife - 6am group
5. scud (sunrise shoot and breakfast) - 6.30am group
6. poohbear - 6.30am group
7. Eyesthruthelens (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
8. Ortega (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
9. Alex01sg - 6.30am group
10. Amigo (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
11. Catchlights (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
12. husaini (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
13. Chinaman (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
14. Lensman (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
15. fengwei (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
16. sumball (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
17. wilson68 (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
18. zidane777 (sunrise shoot) - 6am group
19. glt (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
20. Newguy69 (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
21. Splutter (sunrise shoot) - 6.30am group
22. L.Lee - 6.30am group
23. ilovehouse - 6.30am group (have you got a transport yet?)
24. maverick - 6am group

please PM me on changes and mistakes, thanks!

a note on conduct

some 'nature spots' in punggol have been badly littered before (e.g. location 'a'), please do your part in helping to keep the integrity of the environment here by not contributing any litter, thank you

Good Work!
I would like to try the sunrise at A, then proceed to B.
Will do it another day for the rest of the locations. Eg evening for C, D & E, sunset time....

Thanks evq! just hoping more will respond.

I have some new information about 'Punggol House', it used to be owned by a local businessman called Lim Teck Lee, very rich of course, i think his company/corporation is still operating. The piece of land the house sits on was owned by him but was taken by the authorities not long ago (few years back) and there wasn't a finalised plan for developing the area, that's why it's still barren.

Stories of the house being haunted probably orignated from the fact that the house is very close to Punggol Marina (further north of location e), the latter being a site of WWII Japanese atrocities ... i.e. the infamous massacre. The other site where thousands are killed during WWII will be the War Memorial at location c.

eikin said:
Thanks evq! just hoping more will respond.

I have some new information about 'Punggol House', it used to be owned by a local businessman called Lim Teck Lee, very rich of course, i think his company/corporation is still operating. The piece of land the house sits on was owned by him but was taken by the authorities not long ago (few years back) and there wasn't a finalised plan for developing the area, that's why it's still barren.

Stories of the house being haunted probably orignated from the fact that the house is very close to Punggol Marina (further north of location e), the latter being a site of WWII Japanese atrocities ... i.e. the infamous massacre. The other site where thousands are killed during WWII will be the War Memorial at location c.

Oic.... hahahah.. silly me ;p
Where u dig out this information?
Hope more will join in.

evq said:
Oic.... hahahah.. silly me ;p
Where u dig out this information?
Hope more will join in.

hey evq, no problem, you are not the only person to warn me about the place ;)

my dad is an 'old time Punggolian', haha, just popped him the question this morning if he knew about an old bungalow west of the mrt station, the information is from him. plus i have been following ura's masterplan of this area, and apparently HDB has stopped/slowed down the building of new apartments in Punggol due to complex reasons.

i think it's normal for responses to be rather 'cold' for new gatherings, especially when nobody really know who others are in the area, but i still hope members in this NE area can come join in, take it as a leisurely thing to meet new people.

Always nice knowing more ppl, especially sharing the same interest.
I've had outing with strangers for shoots, learn a lot from them.

Btw, U going to Sitex next wk?

eikin said:
Hi to all living around the NE region (Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang, Kovan) as suggested from the thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=78462&page=7&pp=20 I am initiating a gathering/photo shoot in Punggol on the 27th Nov '04.

above is a simplified map of Punggol edited from [/QUOTE] My advice to u is to ...k here, not to post the map here. regards.

I opt for B to meet at 6:30am. Meet at 9am and have breakfast, most porpobly will shoot only at 10+,....

sounds fun, but will be out of town till end of the mth, I'll keep my eyes open for another outing if there is more.

have fun eikin & co.

sumball said:
My advice to u is to remove the map asap. it is copyrighted, u can type the link here, not to post the map here.

regards.

thanks for the advice, i've uploaded a new map ;)

sumball said:
I opt for B to meet at 6:30am. Meet at 9am and have breakfast, most porpobly will shoot only at 10+,....

thinking maybe can separate into 2 meeting sessions ... say like one group meet earlier to do the sunrise shoot at location a, then we can go for brunch or something to meet with a second group who can't turn up that early, then proceed to other locations for shoot. let's make it informal and relaxed so participants may come in at a more comfortable time, also one or two may need to leave earlier. here's the first draft for the plan

0630 meet at busstop near my place at location X (to be updated on the map) proceed to location A for sunrise shoot and some walkabout in this area.

1000 meet with second group at Compass Point to have brunch (any recommendations for good makan place?)

1100 set off to Punggol End (location b) to do some day shoot of the War Memorial and former SAF training ground (location c) hmmm... pretty hot by then, bring more water, can do some exploration of the area as well.

1600 get a tea break or something

1700 proceed to location d or e to do late afternoon shoot and later continue to do sunset shoot.

will update the list of partipants once i get more response :)

Why don't you plan for the rest breaks at specific loaction and time range, so that those who are not free ealier can join you people at the rest break locations, just look for the equipment. Just a suggestion, as I mentioned b4, I would like to go but I just cannot make it on the 27th. Maybe the next shoot. And also say newbies welcomed. Bring tripod for sunrise/sunset.

ortega said:
Why don't you plan for the rest breaks at specific loaction and time range, so that those who are not free ealier can join you people at the rest break locations, just look for the equipment. Just a suggestion, as I mentioned b4, I would like to go but I just cannot make it on the 27th. Maybe the next shoot. And also say newbies welcomed. Bring tripod for sunrise/sunset.

hmmm... thanks for the suggestion :) i'll try come up with a more solid schedule on tuesday night ... got papers on tuesday afternoon. and yes of course newbies welcomed ... i'll be doing my 'virgin shoot' with my 2nd hand f80, so i newbie also. and yah, forgot about the tripod reminder, thanks again.

evq said:
Always nice knowing more ppl, especially sharing the same interest.
I've had outing with strangers for shoots, learn a lot from them.

Btw, U going to Sitex next wk?

don't think i'll be going to Sitex ... seldom into IT stuff unless i in need of it ... currently pretty broke also, no spare cash for new gears, heehee

so far the updates ...

Punggol Shoot 01, 27th Nov '04

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
4. SnapSnap
5. scud (tentative)

Thanks to all who responded to my PM,

All others in this area do consider joining, hoping the list will grow longer :) and do keep your suggestions coming in, newbies welcomed anytime

For others not living within the NE area, i did not forward a formal invitation as i am still exploring this place myself and may not be able to be a good 'host' if you come for this first outing and my intention is to first organise a meeting for members in this area as a get-to-know each other kind of thing. Depending on the success/failure of this first outing in this area, the second one can involve more people and be more 'focussed', cheers.

eikin said:
so far the updates ...

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
4. SnapSnap
5. scud (tentative, will update before fri, 26Nov, 10pm)

i prefer to shoot sunrise.... as i only free in the morning, but dunno until what time.
keep finger cross and hope weather is forgiving enuf for us on dat day too.

let's meet at plaza and proceed for sunrise shoot.
i think sunrise shoot will last abt 30 mins unless we shoot other things as well along the way. then, proceed for breakfast and tcss.
the 2nd grp will join us during breakfast and we cont from there.

OT: rainman, tot u sold off your cam?
or got yrself a new cam to test out on this outing?

eikin said:
0630 meet at busstop near my place at location X (to be updated on the map) proceed to location A for sunrise shoot and some walkabout in this area.

haha...that's the bus stop below my block

but dun think i can ever wake up so early on a saturday morning... :(

Wai said:
haha...that's the bus stop below my block

but dun think i can ever wake up so early on a saturday morning... :(
Need morning call?

so far the updates ...

1. eikin
2. evq
3. rainman
4. SnapSnap + SnapSnap's wife :bsmilie:
5. scud (tentative)

Please see changes to my entry... I'll not attempt the sunrise this time round... (can't wake up so early... :sweat: ) See you guys on Saturday! :thumbsup:

whoa, mrs. SnapSnap coming too? welcome welcome! seldom see couples sharing similar interest in photography ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.