Punggol Park Bushfire Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
here's the place

Date: 26/03/05 (tomorrow)

Time: 5.30 pm onwards to after sunset (around 7.15pm)

Meeting place: 5.30pm at busstop opposite Serangoon Secondary School (busstop served by 62 and 136)

Photo-oppportunity:
lots of macros (plant parts and ocassionally some insects)
moody landscape with large patches of lalang (bg may be affected by distant buildings)
IR shooting most welcomed

sample of what you can shoot ...

afterfire05.jpg

casual outing, don't have to meet up formally before shoot, if you come along later just say hello to fellow photogs around ;)

things to note (safety and equipment)

1. proper shoes and socks
2. long pants
3. some parts of the ground are very soft, walk carefully
4. there are construction works going on at parts of the site (to clean up burnt areas) please do not go too near the heavy vehicles
5. insect repellent optional
6. tripod/monopod optional (you decide base on what you want to shoot)

me not sure where is the best place to park for those driving (someone please help!)

if you intend to bring your family along please watch out for children, not an easy terrain to negotiate for kids.

just a check to see who's coming (please fill up the list, thanks!)

1. Sjourn
2. eikin

here's the place

Date: 26/03/05 (tomorrow)

Time: 5.30 pm onwards to after sunset (around 7.15pm)

Meeting place: 5.30pm at busstop opposite Serangoon Secondary School (busstop served by 62 and 136)

Photo-oppportunity:
lots of macros (plant parts and ocassionally some insects)
moody landscape with large patches of lalang (bg may be affected by distant buildings)
IR shooting most welcomed

sample of what you can shoot ...

afterfire05.jpg

casual outing, don't have to meet up formally before shoot, if you come along later just say hello to fellow photogs around ;)

things to note (safety and equipment)

1. proper shoes and socks
2. long pants
3. some parts of the ground are very soft, walk carefully
4. there are construction works going on at parts of the site (to clean up burnt areas) please do not go too near the heavy vehicles
5. insect repellent optional
6. tripod/monopod optional (you decide base on what you want to shoot)

me not sure where is the best place to park for those driving (someone please help!)

if you intend to bring your family along please watch out for children, not an easy terrain to negotiate for kids.

just a check to see who's coming (please fill up the list, thanks!)

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear (eikin organise one must support lah ! :thumbsup: )

later i need to go down to see how much construction work has been done, scarly go there tomorrow left nothing but empty patches :bsmilie: thank you ah poohbear, paiseh i too poor to support your model shoot leh :cry:

list of participants:

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear

doh!! i just saw ur thread! I just posted an outing thread to punggol on sunday :D
;)

icarus said:
doh!! i just saw ur thread! I just posted an outing thread to punggol on sunday :D
;)

Come tom la... :D

we have a better site ... i'll close this thread soon to start a new one for the new location, and post the new site pictures, and you'll understand why change place :devil:

Eikin, i will close my outing on Sunday and join u guys tmr!
:)

the outing venue has changed, please refer to this for new outing meeting place and shooting location. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.