Punggol North Photography Club - Calendar Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotSpots

May 19, 2004
Tanjong Pagar
photobucket.com
All professional/amateur/novice photogs in the Punggol & Sengkang area are invited to join the newly formed Punggol North Photography Club!

One of the main events for the club this year will be to shoot Punggol North's 2005 Desktop Calendar :thumbsup: The calendar will be distributed to every household in the Punggol North constituency. Imagine your work being displayed in thousands of households for a year! :cool:

The club will be having a meeting this Saturday (4 Dec), 2pm at the Rivervale Community Centre (Blk 193 Rivervale Drive) to discuss about the concept of the calendar, as well as the club's activities for FY 2005.

Interested photogs who are staying at the Punggol & Sengkang area are invited to join in the meeting....and of course, join the club! PM me your details if you are keen to be part of the gang.

EVQ & Scud, hope to see you on Sat for the meeting too!

HotSpots said:
Interested photogs who are staying at the Punggol & Sengkang area are invited to join in the meeting....and of course, join the club! PM me your details if you are keen to be part of the gang.QUOTE]
i stay hougang...considered part of punggol and sengkang? :dunno:

Of course you're welcome to join us if you don't mind travelling a bit to Sengkang for meetings and activities :)

aoelof said:
HotSpots said:
Interested photogs who are staying at the Punggol & Sengkang area are invited to join in the meeting....and of course, join the club! PM me your details if you are keen to be part of the gang.QUOTE]
i stay hougang...considered part of punggol and sengkang? :dunno:

Pardon my silly question, what does the club do and how much time will it take from me, what is expected from the member?

The club sounds interesting

It's essentially a special interest group under the community centre's youth group. It'll be managed by volunteers like us. The committee will plan for the club's activities such as classes, outings, photo critique sessions, contests and showcase/exhibitions etc.

The first event coming up for the club will be the calendar shoot. The theme for the calendar, as I just found out, is "Punggol North - Then and Now". It'll highlight the developments in Punggol North (Punggol 21 and Sengkang) in the past few years...can be the modern facade, facilities, and the people. Besides the calendar, the photos may be exhibited at various community events to show the residents how much Punggol have evolved over the years.

There's also an opportunity to sharpen your action photography on 11/12 Dec. There'll be a Punggol North Street Soccer Challenge at the street soccer court at Blk 176D Punggol Field.

If there's enough members, we may even be able to set up a mini-studio at the CC. The club will have to generate it's own funds though, through subscriptions, courses, events etc. The perk is, we get to use the facilities at the CC for our events.

The time committment really depends on what role you want to play. It may take more time if you want to take on a leadership role in the committee to plan for the events. If not, you can be a member and participate in the activities. Again, there are different roles in the committee that requires different level of committment...some will look after classes, and some outings. Really depends on your interests.

As this is a brand new club (and this Sat is the FIRST meeting), the founding members will shape the club's activities. We'll discuss about the committee structure and the club's plan for the coming year on Sat. I'll be able to explain how it can operate (administratively and financially) in more detail at the meeting.

I really hope those of you who want to take on a leadership role of the club to step forward and make this YOUR club. Of course, members are welcome too!

ortega said:
Pardon my silly question, what does the club do and how much time will it take from me, what is expected from the member?

The club sounds interesting

Hi,
I am staying in hougang and i would love to join the club. I was away for the past one week so i could not join you guys today. Hope that i will be about to join you guys on the next outing.. :)

I'm not staying near the above-mentioned areas but like to know more about the club. :D

Cheers

EVQ, Scud, Lytefunk, Catchlight, Iceman, Eikin, Wei Siong and Irene,

Thanks for attending the first PNPC meeting! I really hope we can compile a good showcase of the architecture, activities and nature in Punggol for the exhibition.

I'll start another thread for all to post whatever photos you've got on Punggol North.

See you all next Sat (11 Dec), 9am at the Street Soccer Court beside Blk 176D Punggol Field!

Here's the thread on the pics of Punggol North...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=975328#post975328

HotSpots said:
EVQ, Scud, Lytefunk, Catchlight, Iceman, Eikin, Wei Siong and Irene,

Thanks for attending the first PNPC meeting! I really hope we can compile a good showcase of the architecture, activities and nature in Punggol for the exhibition.

I'll start another thread for all to post whatever photos you've got on Punggol North.

See you all next Sat (11 Dec), 9am at the Street Soccer Court beside Blk 176D Punggol Field!

where exactly is the place where you have meetings ar? i in tampines and my only bus to sengkang is 27 can 27 get there?

Interested

nipapa said:
where exactly is the place where you have meetings ar? i in tampines and my only bus to sengkang is 27 can 27 get there?

Interested

Yes, U can take No.27. alight at the 1st bus-stop after it exit TPE (from Tampines towards Sengkang direction). Blk 193 is just at the Cross-junction.

Photo clubs in CCs was at the peak in the late 80s early 90s. There was like more than 30 CCs with photo clubs! Now, I think some of the more active ones are Boon Lay, MacPherson, Kreta Ayer......(anyone can add on the list?)

Its good to see yet another CC forming their photo club.

HotSpots: Congrats for the hard work. R u chairing the committee? Not sure if I have met you. (Issit the same club that organise a studio workshop cum talk by Dennis Thong some time in the 1half of the year?)

Not been active in CCs photo club for a long time. But if can get a gang that are able to work together, I dun mind joining in. (I dun stay anywhere near SengKang and nethir am I belongs the the 'youth' group.)

Pro-New said:
Photo clubs in CCs was at the peak in the late 80s early 90s. There was like more than 30 CCs with photo clubs! Now, I think some of the more active ones are Boon Lay, MacPherson, Kreta Ayer......(anyone can add on the list?)

HotSpots: Congrats for the hard work. R u chairing the committee? Not sure if I have met you. (Issit the same club that organise a studio workshop cum talk by Dennis Thong some time in the 1half of the year?)

Not been active in CCs photo club for a long time. But if can get a gang that are able to work together, I dun mind joining in. (I dun stay anywhere near SengKang and nethir am I belongs the the 'youth' group.)

you can visit this thread for more infomation http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=104633

JOIN! JOIN! JOIN! :bsmilie:

Thanks Pro-New :embrass: I'm not really capable of chairing the committee...but I wanted to be part of one ;p

The reason why I started this is because I'm inspired by Eikin's hardwork to mobilise so many photogs in Punggol for 2 very successful outings. Since I'm also in several CC committees, I thought it'll be good to provide the group an official platform to showcase their works and a place to call their own.

Pls do join us to make this happen!

Pro-New said:

alamak, u make me feel so :embrass: i do the outings for fun only lah, please lor, i only beginner in this field

Status
Not open for further replies.