Punggol Lalang Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

verityshu

Sep 2, 2007
Sengkang
Sorry for starting another thread so soon but as the non-accessibility of Alkaff Mansion means it's now out as a shoot location for me, I thought I'll like to try the lalang fields at Punggol.

I know there's a sticky for photos and info on Punggol but there seems to be some confusion whether the lalang fields still exist here and there or have been bulldozed away. Am hoping someone who has been there recently can update on the situation.

My questions:

• Are all the lalang fields gone?
  • Is the lalang (if any left), in season now?
  • I will be taking bus 82 and from the map below, where do I stop along Punggol Road for the lalang fields? Towards Seventeeth Ave or Twenty-Fourth Ave?

punggolmap.jpg

I did think of doing a recce but my friends aren't able to accompany me for one and I don't feel safe going alone being female and all :embrass:

Last edited:
If you follow this link you can see the bus stops: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_1/travel_site_135562/5/
B65119 seems closer to me, which is the one next to 17th Ave. Alternatively you could also go to jetty and turn left, following the beach. Looks like a nice walk. I could accompany you .. wanted to recce this place as well.

Can I join too...:)

there's lalang beside Damai LRT

Ooh... is this going to be an outing? :think:

Guys and gals this is Newbies Corner.Outings should be at the Gatherings & Outings section:)

pm-ed u

I have been there twice in the last month, there's not much lalang left at the location marked out on the map :p What's left is a little too close to the treeline so you don't get much of a sky.

with the construction of the water way, lots of places have been demolished... :(

I want to go too...... before it's gone that is.

Thanks everyone for the information given! Appreciate all your assistance :)

Reportage>> Thks for highlighting the outing thread!

Just went there yesterday... All dried up... Not much to see... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.