Punggol Bushfire Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
here is the place

Date: 26/03/05 (tomorrow)

Time: 4.00 pm onwards to after sunset (around 7.15pm)

Meeting place: 4.00pm @ coffeeshop at BLK 639, Punggol Drive, here

Photo-oppportunity:
lots of macros (plant parts and ocassionally some insects)
moody landscape with very large patches of lalang (bg slightly better than Punggol Park)
IR shooting most welcomed

samples of what you can shoot ...

lalang fields
punggol_sunset07.jpg

silhouettes and abstracts
punggol_sunset11.jpg

more here

casual outing, don't have to meet up formally before shoot, if you come along later just say hello to fellow photogs around

things to note (safety and equipment)

1. proper shoes and socks
2. long pants
3. some parts of the ground are very soft, walk carefully
4. there are construction works going on at parts of the site (to clean up burnt areas) please do not go too near the heavy vehicles
5. insect repellent optional
6. tripod/monopod optional (you decide base on what you want to shoot)

parking available along a small 2 lane tar road just beside the site

if you intend to bring your family along please watch out for children, not an easy terrain to negotiate for kids.

just a check to see who's coming (please fill up the list, thanks!)
if you don't stay around Punggol, please indicate if you are driving or coming to Punggol by public transport so that we can sort out any transport needs

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq

Support support support :thumbsup:

How do I get to blk 639 from the Punggol MRT station? :dunno:

icarus said:
How do I get to blk 639 from the Punggol MRT station? :dunno:

take the LRT to 'Kadaloor station'

when you come out of the MRT, go up to the 1st storey, do not exit the station, go up again to the LRT platform. the LRT runs in a loop, so you won't miss the station, if you come after 3 pm it will run in anti-clockwise direction (the LRT will come by the east platform) it will go to Cove, Meridian, Coral Edge, Riviera and then Kadaloor. when you get out of Kadaloor station you'll see Prime Supermarket at the housing estate side, the coffeeshop is just nearby, got tables all over, you won't miss it.

I wished I could join in... But need to meet my client in the morning
dunno wat time the whole thing end...

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq
6. Rainman (tbc)

Anyway I'm staying 638C...keke The coffee shop is just 20 steps from my block :)

need not wait for me...if i cmi, i will be early

ortega said:
Amigo are you going?

Amigo must come! lots of birds to shoot also, can make full use of you 500mm ;p

what about you ortega? visa approved?

list of who are coming (please add on!) ...

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq
6. Rainman (tbc)

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq
6. Rainman (tbc)
7. yanzai

ortega said:
in principal approval

Tell your principal and princess that my principal and prince will be going, let's all go together.. :D

catchlights said:
This time may kana grounded. :embrass:

Bring your principal and army along la.....let time have some fresh air out there..hee hee :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq
6. Rainman (tbc)
7. yanzai
8. ortega (ipa)

All are welcomed, don’t miss this special photo outing, although this is a very short notice, the lalang here will not last forever, if you missed it, you probably will have to wait for next year (provided this piece of land is still not developed), and so happen that there is another massive bushfire again, so this may be your one and only chance. Quick, before it is gone forever.

Come, meet the friendly photographers from Punggol, feel the kampong spriit, we welcome you to learn and share with us.

Me coming too! Newbie here

1. Sjourn
2. eikin
3. poohbear
4. icarus
5. evq
6. Rainman (tbc)
7. yanzai
8. ortega (ipa)
9. visceral_verve aka colin

didn't know you didn't notice the change of venue from punggol park to punggol north :sweat: paiseh lah ... but the new place actually more conducive for family outing also lah, the terrain at punggol park site too messy liao, won't be easy for your little prince, the punggol north site easier to negotiate.

eikin said:
didn't know you didn't notice the change of venue from punggol park to punggol north :sweat: paiseh lah ... but the new place actually more conducive for family outing also lah, the terrain at punggol park site too messy liao, won't be easy for your little prince, the punggol north site easier to negotiate.

No problem la...i like it at the new site better also. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.