Punggol Beach Rocks Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
feel its abit too empty at the bottom..

framing more rocks into the picture would make a wonderful abstract photo.. or crop out the bottom empty space into a pano.. well thats my personal preference..

i'm not sure about the processing, doesn't suit me. Perhaps its because it didnt match the calmness and peacefulness of the water overall. The contrast is too loud imo.

i also feel its bottom is alittle too empty. Try other compositions :)

you took the shot from the jetty? maybe go down to the rocks and use a lower angle.

ok, will try that in the future.. Thanks for ur comments!

Actually it's pretty darned good already. Probably improvements would be to fill the foreground, and also shoot from lower angle. Longer exposure time would be good to create silky smooth effect.

Actually it's pretty darned good already. Probably improvements would be to fill the foreground, and also shoot from lower angle. Longer exposure time would be good to create silky smooth effect.

i think that particular shot would work well if maybe there is a person or a couple standing within the lower space.

No offence meant, but at first look, i thought it was some cocoa powder on foamy cappuccino. :bsmilie:

For reference, pic was taken at 640mm super-telephoto and no digital post-processing was done (all in-camera).

i think that particular shot would work well if maybe there is a person or a couple standing within the lower space.

If you look at real black and white prints, they typically feature large rocks in the foreground, water swirling around them, gorgeous tones, etc.

hmmm i think my photo focuses more on the abstract...

Composition wise, think the empty space at the bottom really throws the thing off.

I like the sepia tone to it, but the empty space needs to be cropped away (to make the image 16:9-ish) or something has to be there. Right now as it is, it's spoiling the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.