Pulau Ubin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintae

Dec 16, 2005
who want to go Pulau Ubin trip (plus picnic)!

I want I want!! :bsmilie:

State:
1)date/timing (i prefer feb (or march))
2)Day trip or plus night photography (please pick not cloudy season hor.)
3)If plus night photography then must stay overnight:
choose: Chalet ($$$) or Tent! (actually tent then can take the night stars unless in chalet compound but ehhhhhhhhhh. got light and your scenery become buildings)

im a chao chao newbie, so newbies please join!
and FEMALE Photographers! PLEASE COMEEE!!

when all the interest come pouring in liao and trip cfm then i will post another thread.
if too many people then we split groups kae. smaller better mah. =)
or if got non cyclist (please state!), then we split cycling group, walking group.

please, no ticko. :nono: otherwise you will be abandoned at the Jetty!

Sounds interesting... But I wouldn't be in Singapore from 1Feb to 11Mar... then 9-12Mar got Sitec 2006 leh... Must jio wor...

I hope the following might be of some use to you guys. ;)

Some good places to shoot there are:
- The village itself, former Community Centre, bicycle kisoks resturants...
- Chek Jawa (South East)
- Old Scottish Cottage (South East) but cannot enter one... thru the fence, this is wat you get: see DSCF6926
- Puaka Hill top (west Center) you need to do some bashing and climbing. Entrance near a hut after Jelutong bridge. Your reward: a good view of ubin from the highest point of ubin itself...
- Secert garden (near police post)
- "Blind man trail" (further down the secert garden)
- Noordin beach (north) - all thanks to the fence that spoilt the nature...
- Mamam Beach (north) - all thanks to the fence that spoilt the nature...
- Orchard plantation (center)
- Thai buddhist temple (north north west near OBS) But I don't know can take pictures there or not...
- Prawn farm center
- Pulau Ubin resort

My recommended gears
- Most important: CASH...
- Insect repellent will do... mosquito coils just "pollute" the air... you want to breathe some fresh air there dun you?
- A hat or cap
- Long sleeves and long pants if you want to do some bashings or protect yourself from the sun or mosquitoes
- A camel bag so that you can drink hands free
- Food for yourself or to lure animals?
- I dun really see the need of a tripod... unless you want to do night shooting or panoramic or self portrait?
- Poncho / raincoat
- Waterproof bags / ziplock bags
- A small pocket knife / jack-knife
- because mine is a prosumer camera, I dun have to worry what lens to bring...
- Travel light...

Some of my Pulau Ubin pics... I often go there one... Now no time...
http://alvinz.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album07

Actually, Pulau Sekudu (South East of Ubin) is also quite nice. I've kayak to there before. Wait till it's low tide... That's the time to go shooting.... But I dunno whether there are any bumboat that will provide special rides to Sekudu. Or see who got Powered Pleasure Craft Driving Licence then go rent one boat there...

Youhong said:
- Old Scottish Cottage (South East) but cannot enter one... thru the fence, this is wat you get: see DSCF6926
- Secert garden (near police post)
- "Blind man trail" (further down the secert garden)
- Noordin beach (north) - all thanks to the fence that spoilt the nature...
- Mamam Beach (north) - all thanks to the fence that spoilt the nature...
- Orchard plantation (center)

I used to go there often too. The old cottage, it was reported in the papers that they intend to refurbish it into a visitor centre, don't know what's the latest now.

the secret garden, do you mean the spice garden?

yea, i agree with you about those fences, what an eyesore.

do you mean orchid plantation and not orchard? the old man has stopped planting orchids long ago already but can photograph his peacocks.

wildstallion said:
i also may be intrested, never been to ubin to shoot, would preferbaly cycle, thanks for the good idea :thumbsup:

cycle is the way. walking you can't cover much, and hiring a van you will miss some places.

oh, if you guys going, don't forget to shoot the quarry, very beautiful. and also the various chinese temples.

too bad, it is not fruit season now otherwise, there are rambutans, mangosteens, durians, etc, all good subjects for shooting.

oh, how i miss ubin.

i'm interested. Have been planning to go but these few weeks it has been pouring very badly...

Please keep me info thanks. By the way, how long do u plan to stay there?

TICKO mean man that look at woman and do not know how to shoot

wildstallion said:
sorry, this may be a really stupid question, but what is a ticko???
"please, no ticko. otherwise you will be abandoned at the Jetty!"

I guess it means a pervert. yeah, the fence spoils everything! The last time I went there I got a huge shock.

i'm interested... always have been waiting to shoot in ubin....

can any1 tell me how much such trip will cost? :dunno:

sORe-EyEz said:
can any1 tell me how much such trip will cost? :dunno:

The Bumboat itself is SGD$2.oo. To and back will be SGD$4.oo. No GST. hehe. But I'm not sure of the chalet there. If you are going there for a one day trip i think it's quite cheap.

Drinks that could cost like SGD$0.10 -OR- SGD$0.20 more ba... ;)

Youhong said:
Actually, Pulau Sekudu (South East of Ubin) is also quite nice. I've kayak to there before. Wait till it's low tide... That's the time to go shooting.... But I dunno whether there are any bumboat that will provide special rides to Sekudu. Or see who got Powered Pleasure Craft Driving Licence then go rent one boat there...

out of point from the topic but ar.. i wanna know where u go to rent the kayak obs?
or which sea sports club?
tx

Status
Not open for further replies.