Tide times for 25 aug is

0252hrs 0.6m L
1030hrs 2.2m H
1503hrs 1.6m L
2048hrs 2.3m H

hi areality
i oso dun know anyone....jus meet up lor

hi everyone,

is there a limit to this group? i am interested too - but i'm new to photography, may i join?

i went to ubin last week for cycling, but wont mind revisiting the place just for taking photos. but the place seems relatively big to cover on foot, and since i am not too familiar with the place, i don't know where are the places of interest where we can have nice scenaries to take. saw a scenic stone quarry overlooking a lagoon that other time but i doubt i remember the way there again, haha.

if time permits, would like to join you all next sat.

cheers,
yew fai

Juz went Ubin last week also... Been at least more than 10 years since I went there last time... Chek Jawa is opened to public. Nice boardwalk there but too bad tide was high when I reached... A suggestion would be that you all meet earlier, and take the noon ferry over. Followed by a leisure walk to Chek Jawa. Nice scenery along the way.

It takes around 2 hrs walk to Chek Jawa anyway (for me, coz I was snapping and chatting with frens along the way... Hee...). So by the time u all arrived, tide is subsiding and sunlight would not be too harsh... Enjoy!!;)

i dont mind to go earlier.
But walk to Chek Jawa is 2hrs?!
And also there are quite few places rite?
Why not rent bicycles?
But this would mean to carry haversack.

I tried cycling with a shoulder cam bag before. The bag keeps on swinging to the front and obstructs my leg movement. backpack best.

hi, just to share a little more info:

confirmed - cycling with back pack is the best choice. I put my small camera bag inside my backpack (see my avatar) & place the cam bag inside a plastic bag.
In case it starts to rain, i just tie up my plastic bag over the camera bag.

take note if you choose to cycle to Chek Jawa. Asked the Bike shops for chain & lock. Upon arrival at Chek jawa main gate, chain up all of your bikes together.
Some clowns will probably just take some unlock bikes and go off when you are in the boardwalk.

this is one of the off-road track towards Chek Jawa. After a rain, this track will be muddy.
cycling-track-towards-Chek-.jpg

the main gate of Chek Jawa wetlands boardwalk. No bikes allowed pass the gate.
Gate-to-Chek-Jawa-boardwalk.jpg

cheers & enjoy the trip !

i dont mind to go earlier.
But walk to Chek Jawa is 2hrs?!
And also there are quite few places rite?
Why not rent bicycles?
But this would mean to carry haversack.

It depends on whether you are in a rush to get someplace, or whether you want to take pictures along the way.

With a backpack on a bike, it's not easy to take pictures as and when you feel like it, or when you see something interesting along the way.

i agree... whether the objective is location based or wat.
In fact i would prefer cycling so that can go more places.

but how to ride bicycle with tripod and cam??
i'm not sure if i will fall.. hehe..

but how to ride bicycle with tripod and cam??
i'm not sure if i will fall.. hehe..

suggestions:
a) Just after the jetty, look for minibus.
Pay a little for a "rundown" minibus for your direct trip to Chek Jawa & inform the drivers on the pick up time for the journey back.

Or

b) Discuss & nego with the driver on additional stops along the way + Chek Jawa that you would like to do your photoshoot & pay accordingly.

cheers

hi ckgoh, would like to join the outing.
was :think: the meet time can be earlier

suggestions:
a) Just after the jetty, look for minibus.
Pay a little for a "rundown" minibus for your direct trip to Chek Jawa & inform the drivers on the pick up time for the journey back.

Or

b) Discuss & nego with the driver on additional stops along the way + Chek Jawa that you would like to do your photoshoot & pay accordingly.

cheers

The mini bus cost about $20-$30 in & out pending on ya bargaining skills.
Meet at da jetty and da bus can sqeeze abt 10pax
Ask for da driver for his or her Hp no. then ya can call him to come pick u guys up.

There's a quarry near Chek Jawa tat ya can shoot ard after ya r sick of da wetlands.

According to the tide table, the lowest at 1.6m means that the wetlands will still be flooded.:(
Watz da meeting time at jetty? If my schedule can be arranged I might join ya guys & gals. Can?

i think the bus idea is better than riding bicycle.
Thanks for the info.

On the other hand, am also disappointed about the tide flooding.
I very much wanted to visit Chek Jawa.

i think the bus idea is better than riding bicycle.
Thanks for the info.

On the other hand, am also disappointed about the tide flooding.
I very much wanted to visit Chek Jawa.

Well... the tide waits for no one. ;)
Is da meeting still at 3pm? A bit late dun ya think.

Well... the tide waits for no one. ;)
Is da meeting still at 3pm? A bit late dun ya think.

i respect the organiser's decision if it is still 3pm.
However, if some want to meet earlier on our own, I also dun mind.
Just that i'm not familiar there.

Hi guys and gers....

thanks for all the interest.. i am quite a newbie here...

there are some request to meet earlier...how abt 2.30 pm? cos some of us are working half day on sat...

suggest that we take a van there (1st..we save time, 2nd..take care of ppl who cant cycle...3rd..carrying tripod and cam bag may be cumbersom for newbies for a start) we will go to our desired destination first...then make some stop along the way back if we have time. how abt that?

Date: 25 Aug 2007
Time: 2.30 pm
Meet at Jetty. Just approach anyone holding a camera...haha
msn: ckgoh@asiamail.com (add me)
hp: 97470301 (sms me to confirm)

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.