Pulau Ubin 'Jalan Jalan' Shoot - 05 Sep 04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been pulau ubin before :embrass:
and im a rookie at photography...
i can cycle though. :bsmilie:

does that qualify me to join if i'm free on that day?
p/s: i hve no tripod and i'm juz using a compact cam

dolpjki said:
I've never been pulau ubin before :embrass:
and im a rookie at photography...
i can cycle though. :bsmilie:

does that qualify me to join if i'm free on that day?
p/s: i hve no tripod and i'm juz using a compact cam

Do not worry. Compact cam or a cam bigger than a truck really doesn't matter. You do not really need tripod to shoot there in the day. Hope you have fun and come back with lots of nice shots to share.

hehe... THanks!
I'll go check out my schedules then.

need to finish up my cert exam and comex shopping first ;)

;)oo..
go chek jawa... i wanna goo.....
last time did not manage to go coz fully booked..... will we be able to make it?
poohbear... you sure you want to gimme a ride? ;)
sunnie

Hi just like to check what's the limit of people going to chek jawa?

Also, is 10D (unprotected DSLR) suitable for shooting there?

1. poohbear + 3 friends (if they never put aeroplane ...... )
2. Tunster <- If no alternate shoot on that day.
3. AReality <- Ubin's my fav!
4. Chunger
5. Denniskee
6. Xaler
7. Robin
8. elninowt
9. T16

sunnie_kenji said:
;)oo..
go chek jawa... i wanna goo.....
last time did not manage to go coz fully booked..... will we be able to make it?
poohbear... you sure you want to gimme a ride? ;)
sunnie

i'm sure the other guys would like to share my load oso hahaha ....

4. Chunger
5. Denniskee
6. Xaler
7. Robin
8. elninowt
9. T16
10.scud
11. sunnie_kenji (to be confirmed ??)

4. Chunger
5. Denniskee
6. Xaler
7. Robin
8. elninowt
9. T16
10.scud
11. sunnie_kenji (to be confirmed ??)
12. dolpjki

max pax per visit to check jawa is 75 if i remember. q4 booking opens on 01/09/04, 0800hr (or is it 0830). i need to know how many of us going. so i'll book for the no. of cser in the list by end of this month.

denniskee said:
max pax per visit to check jawa is 75 if i remember. q4 booking opens on 01/09/04, 0800hr (or is it 0830). i need to know how many of us going. so i'll book for the no. of cser in the list by end of this month.
They strongly advise pple not to go without booking.
But I know the way there. U only can see stuff during low tide, else no pt going...

Just for some information, the best time to visit Chek Jawa is when the tide is below 0.4m (if i never remember wrongly). There is very few days in this month or the next that is favourable.

The route to Chek Jawa is not that far as what you guys had said. A rough guide from the map i'm holding now, it's approx 4-5km away from the jetty. Rental of bike is quite cheap, i got it at around $5 from noon to 6pm, and it's a full suspension bike.. Very comfortable for off-road riding. Riding on tar roads are a breeze. But it's slightly more challenging once u hit the off-road. Slopes are not really that steep, still managable. Only thing to take note is be careful when riding downslope as the traction between the tire and ground is not very good, so DO NOT ride too fast.

Anyway, the summer cottage you guys are talking about is it this?? :

original.jpg

IF it is, then very sorry to tell u that it's fenced up, because the structure is not very stable. And also, it's just approx 100m away from Chek Jawa. ;)

I might be able to join you guys, if i have nothing on 5th Sep. :)

AReality said:
come come! :) I wanna meet this pro... :D

Nah i'm not a pro. Not in photography, yet. And not in Pulau Ubin too. I believe there are people who know the island much much more than me. But i can take you guys to mingle around with some of the islanders.. and do some shoots outside of their house.. There is 1 very very nice house that i'd very much like to take you guys to. They have soo many beautiful flowers outside their house!

This is an example.

original.jpg

I've checked the tide for 5 Sep, from 0800 - 2000 does not go below 1m. The only weekends with tides ~0.4m and within sane daylight hours are in Nov & Dec.

Reference - sembawang tide dates/times
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~otterman/tides/tides2004/Tides-Jul-Sep2004.jpg

behyx said:
Just for some information, the best time to visit Chek Jawa is when the tide is below 0.4m (if i never remember wrongly). There is very few days in this month or the next that is favourable.

The route to Chek Jawa is not that far as what you guys had said. A rough guide from the map i'm holding now, it's approx 4-5km away from the jetty. Rental of bike is quite cheap, i got it at around $5 from noon to 6pm, and it's a full suspension bike.. Very comfortable for off-road riding. Riding on tar roads are a breeze. But it's slightly more challenging once u hit the off-road. Slopes are not really that steep, still managable. Only thing to take note is be careful when riding downslope as the traction between the tire and ground is not very good, so DO NOT ride too fast.

behyx said:

Anyway, the summer cottage you guys are talking about is it this?? :

original.jpg

IF it is, then very sorry to tell u that it's fenced up, because the structure is not very stable. And also, it's just approx 100m away from Chek Jawa. ;)

I might be able to join you guys, if i have nothing on 5th Sep. :)

ya man right on !! well too bad or it will be a very good resting place ....

poohbear said:
ya man right on !! well too bad or it will be a very good resting place ....

I just got a piece of info from a friend, he said at one side of the fence there is an opening, to crawl/squeeze in.. Don't know how accurate is his info though.. ;) but we can always try.

behyx said:
I just got a piece of info from a friend, he said at one side of the fence there is an opening, to crawl/squeeze in.. Don't know how accurate is his info though.. ;) but we can always try.

ok let's hope the cottage dun collaspe .... denniskee bro , Chek Jawa book liao ?

Howdy! Wad time will u guys stay until? Can I join in the afternoon? I have class in the morning till about 2pm. I'm pretty familiar with Ubin too as I camp there a few times.

Who can I contact if I can come late?

Status
Not open for further replies.