Pulau Semakau Outing < >

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Yes, I am back!

As part of the islands expendition, I am organising a trip to Pulau Semakau. Prior to that, we had already conquered Pulau Hantu, Pulau Ubin, St John Island and Sisters Island.

Date : April, Saturday TBC
Meeting Time : 0730 hour
Meeting Place : West Coast Pier/Ferry Terminal near the West Coast Park (neighbouring the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club)
Return Time : 1230 hour
Cost : $45.00 (to and from)

Things to bring :

1) 1.25 litres of water (at least)
2) Dry rations
3) Tripod and all your gear
4) Sunglass / Sun Block lotion
5) Insect Repellant

For safety and comfort reasons, it is recommended to walk a proper footwear such as trekking shoes. Lastly, do not litter the place.

Some FAQ :

1) Is photography allowed in Pulau Semakau?
Photography is allowed.

2) Why is that a rule stating anyone who is age < 12 is not allowed on the island?
The ruling comes from NEA due to safety reasons.

3) Is there any toilet facility on the island?
There are modern toilets in the main plant building & also portable toilets here and there along the accessible routes.

4) Do we need to bring passport for identification? Can IC substitute it?
Yes, either I/C or Passport.

5) Can we buy drinks / food on the island?
No, you Can&#8217;t buy food or drinks on the island.

List

1) USM
2)
3)

Yes, I am back!

As part of the islands expendition, I am organising a trip to Pulau Semakau. Prior to that, we had already conquered Pulau Hantu, Pulau Ubin, St John Island and Sisters Island.

Date : 22 March, Saturday
Meeting Place : West Coast Pier/Ferry Terminal near the West Coast Park (neighbouring the Republic of Singapore Yacht Club)

Things to bring :

2) Dry rations
5) Insect Repellant

For safety and comfort reasons, it is recommended to walk a proper footwear such as trekking shoes. Lastly, do not litter the place.

List

1) USM
2) toffeespin
3)

the $45 only covers return transportation from the jetty to the island?

Yes, the boat fee is to and from the jetty to the island.

I do understand that the fee sounds expensive but we have no choice. Accessiblity to the island is restricted.

Yes, I am back!

Things to bring :

2) Dry rations
5) Insect Repellant

List

1) USM
2) toffeespin
3) Nicholas wee

PS: Pulau Semakau is a restricted area very hard to go if you do not have a big. I am trying to go here for year...

List

1) USM
2) toffeespin
3) Nicholas wee
4) Rumplestiltskin

1) USM
2) toffeespin
3) Nicholas wee
4) Rumplestiltskin
5) kmtnaing

Yes, I am back!

Things to bring :

2) Dry rations
5) Insect Repellant

List
1) USM
2) toffeespin
3) Nicholas wee
4) Rumplestiltskin
5) kmtnaing
6) zuquan

I am wondering, you mentioned meeting time 0730 and return time is 1230, does that mean it is a few hours trip? Thanks

Hi All

Most interesting is join the group of Sport Fisherman organizes by Sport Fishing Association (Singapore) www.sfas.net

Every month till Oct 2008, there's a fishing league on Semakau Landfill.

Next League is on 20th April.

I was there for this month league.

Your photo shoot is more interesting with these Sport Anglers doing their things.

You need a tele-lens to capture them in action. These anglers do not seat and wait for the bite. They move around quiet often to catch the fishes 'cos only artificial lure or flies are used. And strictly Catch & Release of the fishes.

Interested can call me at 90298883 (ed chen)

Things to bring :

2) Dry rations
5) Insect Repellant

List
1) USM
2) toffeespin
3) Nicholas wee
4) Rumplestiltskin
5) kmtnaing
6) zuquan
7) Mezzotint

semakau is popular for its intertidal mudflats, similar to chek jawa in ubin. Good for macro stuff...

just to check, is covered foot wear a must ? as some places are .

Thanks.

In view of the poor weather, the outing has been postponed to April.

Stay tune.

Hi bro can u count me in? Would love to go too. Tks:)

Ups for you bro. Can't make it this round. But looking forward to your next and catching up with you! :thumbsup:;)

Status
Not open for further replies.