Pulau Redang

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Went to Redang for a 4D/3N at Berjaya Resorts. First time there and wow, very nice place! Nice sand and crystal clear waters! Very child friendly and the waters at the resort area very shallow for my kids to wallow in. Anyway, got a free upgrade to the sea view room!

#1: View from the hillside outside my room
160661143-L.jpg

#2: Another angle out to sea
160675793-L.jpg

#3:
160657534-L.jpg

#4: Out to sea
160681707-L.jpg

#5: Shallow Waters
160658718-L.jpg

#6: Beach Front
160649634-L.jpg

#7: Another angle
160673902-L.jpg

#8: The Sea view rooms
160643619-L.jpg

#9: Coconut trees
160659227-L.jpg

Wonderful angles and colours! i love them all and i so want to be there...

since it's in Malaysia i suppose it gets really hot like in Singapore?

Wonderful angles and colours! i love them all and i so want to be there...

since it's in Malaysia i suppose it gets really hot like in Singapore?

Actually, find it hotter here...although there it also hot, but have some breeze. So not that bad.

Thanks!

hmm can you pm me the price you paid including accommodation? and name of hotel please :)

Actually, find it hotter here...although there it also hot, but have some breeze. So not that bad.

Thanks!

Gorgeous pictures! The colour of the water looks sooooo inviting! :) Looks like pictures of the Maldives! Were the pics edited with PS? Or the waters were naturally that colour? (sorry, I haven't been to Redang before. :embrass: )

bro,
can share teh larger resolution 4 1st 2 pics? ;)
I really luv em
wanna set as desktop =X

Gorgeous pictures! The colour of the water looks sooooo inviting! :) Looks like pictures of the Maldives! Were the pics edited with PS? Or the waters were naturally that colour? (sorry, I haven't been to Redang before. :embrass: )

The colour is about there, but of course PS levels spruce up the vibrancy of it. But the water is really really nice!

bro,
can share teh larger resolution 4 1st 2 pics? ;)
I really luv em
wanna set as desktop =X

Thanks! But thats the max I have on my website. Anymore will be original liow.

WOW... that's manificent. Never been there too. Can PM me the price and the hotel u stay etc...
Think my next trip can consider there.
By the way, did u use any polariser to achieve that sky colour?
I quite curious as I lost touch with photography already.
Trying to pick back this hobby.
Thx!!

Yes, Redang is a very beautiful place - water is clear as anything, still can remember my trip in Apr there while on cruise.

Did ya take any sunsets/sunrises there? Beautiful, I tell you! =)

beautiful shots! let's just hope the place can be preserved for future generations....

my favourite island :) been there 4 times, first time back in 1997.
ten yrs ago and now, BIG difference already. those havent go and thinking of going, my only advice is go now before it's too late.

i blame the acceleration of decay on the sammicheng+richie ren movie "mo mo tea"

Nice pictures, great shots. The big blue sky and the colour of the water is simply beautiful. Perhentian is also similar and if you have the chance to go there, it is well worth a visit.

P1000479-1.jpg

omg the sky is so blue and the water is sooo clear. paradise:eek: :thumbsup:

Yes really blue and beautiful. Wish I was there right now

P1000476.jpg

Went there was about 8 to 10 years ago. Fun place and life simple. Clear water and manage to spot a small black tip from far (don't dare to go too near). I remember the hut which was built for filming and think they have rebuilt it judging from my friend's photo.

beautiful shots! let's just hope the place can be preserved for future generations....

Redang is a very captivating place & agree we should preserve it for future generations.
Just to share what happened when I was there with some friends in 2002. The water is crystal clear,even just outside the chalets. Fishes will swim right up to the shallow water. Some visitors were fascinated by it & started feeding them with tidbits bought from the shops. Fine......though it isnt very adviseable. Worst,after emptying the contents, they just discarded the plastic wrappers in the prestine water like it is some big garbage bin!! My friends & I have to do "area cleaning" everyday while we were there. We were even "told off" when we advise some visitors not do that.
As we know now, plastic bags take 1000 years to disintegrate & 400 years, if in the sea. By then, some sea creatures would have swallowed the plastic bags,especially The beautiful Sea Turtles, & get choked to a painful death.
My dear friends,please be kind to nature. Be responsible!

Nice views... Been there 2 years back... I would say its the corals there are much more preserved than other resorts like bintan etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.