Pulau Redang (Pix Intensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomz

Jan 2, 2003
Visit site
Hi all, some pix taken over the national day long weekend over at Redang.
We missed the first sunrise on the 1st day, subsequent days it was too cloudy to catch any nice sunrise :cry:

Anyway, here it goes ... looking forward for pointers for improvement. Tks!

1 : The Usual Beach Resort Shot
DSCF0021.jpg

2 : The Usual Beach Shot
DSCF0024.jpg

3 : Wide Open
DSCF0030_0031_0032.jpg

4 : Ahhhh...
DSCF0045.jpg

5 : Alone
DSCF0063.jpg

6 : Where It All Begins
DSCF0078.jpg

7 : Stariway to Paradise
DSCF0104.jpg

8 : Shade
DSCF0187.jpg

9 : Openess
DSCF0188_0189_0190.jpg

10 : Moving Ahead
DSCF0272.jpg

11 : Laguna Redang Island Resort
DSCF0278_0279_0280.jpg

12 : Chairs
DSCF0300.jpg

Very nice pics....All like postercards :)

So u went there for holidays or more like photo shooting? Personally for holiday shoot, I prefer some ppl in side and some unusual snapshots so that by seeing the pics we can feel ur happy mood as well.

seriously, i feel that 1-9 are post card material.

nice composition. and colors.

Great stuff!

oh i missed out 10-12. all great!

great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dun have any pointers for u, but i like them all, especially #4.

#12... the chairs seem out of proportion. it just doesnt look right, everytime i look at it... always makes me want to look at it again. ...it's just one of those shots tht makes me go... "hmmm..." :think:

love the 1st and #11, v nice colour and composition. :)

rainman said:
Very nice pics....All like postercards :)

So u went there for holidays or more like photo shooting? Personally for holiday shoot, I prefer some ppl in side and some unusual snapshots so that by seeing the pics we can feel ur happy mood as well.

went for holiday but managed to take pics oso :)
These pics were meant the capture the place / scenery.
Agreed though always good to have ppl shots plus place for holi pics ;)

w.s said:
great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dun have any pointers for u, but i like them all, especially #4.

#12... the chairs seem out of proportion. it just doesnt look right, everytime i look at it... always makes me want to look at it again. ...it's just one of those shots tht makes me go... "hmmm..." :think:

Geez... yup noticed that too. Should have adjusted the chair's backrest to be in sync :cry:

Hi toomz! I had just gone to Redang in June and I must say that ur shots are really awesome!! *thumbs up* =) I'm really an airhead in photography coz I practically have no knowledge at all. =X May I know how did u take shots like 9 and 13, ie wide angle and covering such a large area without compromising clarity, from where u were standing? Thanks!

awesome pictures! nice composition. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I agree with the rest, SOLID series. :thumbsup:

Any specific times of the day when the lighting is exceptional good for photography?

Making me want to take a short weekend to Redang myself.

Beautiful pics. What camera did u use? :bsmilie: ;)

mr_jason said:
I agree with the rest, SOLID series. :thumbsup:

Any specific times of the day when the lighting is exceptional good for photography?

Making me want to take a short weekend to Redang myself.

Not midday and night for that matter. The beach and water will look wonderful with good amount of sunlight. Plus clear blue skies... solid already ;)

tomshen said:
Beautiful pics. What camera did u use? :bsmilie: ;)

Hi tomshen, remember me? U gave me a A4 size pic of ur Kinabalu pic while I gave u a photo of a ubin sunset.
Anyway, I'm still using my first and one and only digital cam FinePix F601Z :cry:

knees said:
Hi toomz! I had just gone to Redang in June and I must say that ur shots are really awesome!! *thumbs up* =) I'm really an airhead in photography coz I practically have no knowledge at all. =X May I know how did u take shots like 9 and 13, ie wide angle and covering such a large area without compromising clarity, from where u were standing? Thanks!

Tks pal

#9 was taken from Laguna's bar counter near the reception area.
#13 was taken atop a small "hill" beside mo mo cha inn.

all taken w/o wideangle... just did some stiching

toomz said:
Hi tomshen, remember me? U gave me a A4 size pic of ur Kinabalu pic while I gave u a photo of a ubin sunset.
Anyway, I'm still using my first and one and only digital cam FinePix F601Z :cry:
Of course I remember u. Actually I think u do have gift in this type of photography. Your Ubin photo which is with me is nice as well. Keep it up and looking for more...

Status
Not open for further replies.