Public Transport Council likely to approve plans to revise bus, MRT fares

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah...swee liao la...finally dare to choot power after ge and slowly slowly grab back the dam prooooooogressss money..swee la, number 1 in the world in taking money:thumbsup:

There goes more of our 'progressive' package. More good years ahead :) :thumbsup:

tell you all not to vote for *ahem*.. sorry I mean.. well it's part and parcel of life. They have n't increased the price since <insert date> the last time the increased it! I feel like it's time to increase it. yada yada.... zzz....

After so many "hot" trip on bus still dare to increase.More complains to come.

zaxh81 said:
After so many "hot" trip on bus still dare to increase.More complains to come.
you mean more good years to come. :thumbsup:

Wonder what will happen to those who have spent their progress packages on mobile phones :(

As the Malaysian government would say in times like this
"Change your lifestyle". :bsmilie:

Gentlemen,

May i please remind you that this is a photography forum and not the place to air your grouses. If you wish to discuss the fare hike constructively, then fine. however, if you wish to include elements of Government bashing, then the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

fare hikes are a part of life, just accept it.

:)

First off, the PTC does not generate the request for fare hikes, the bus/taxi companies do.

Next, if you believe the bus/taxi companies are really making such a huge profit from the business, I have a very simple solution for you. Go and buy a few lots of ComfortDelgro or SMRT shares. Your return in dividends will far out-strip whatever small increase in fares you have to pay.:rolleyes: The fact is that rising fuel prices have squeezed the profit margins of these transport companies, and have no attraction (for me at least) as an investment oppotunity.

As Gerard Ee of the PTC said, taxi drivers need to feed their families too. Since the last time there had been a fare hike, the price of oil has doubled.

Why blame the PTC? Did they cause the price of crude to rise to US$70+??

Wolfgang said:
Gentlemen,

May i please remind you that this is a photography forum and not the place to air your grouses. If you wish to discuss the fare hike constructively, then fine. however, if you wish to include elements of Government bashing, then the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .... thks for keeping this forum civilised~!

dkw said:
First off, the PTC does not generate the request for fare hikes, the bus/taxi companies do.

Next, if you believe the bus/taxi companies are really making such a huge profit from the business, I have a very simple solution for you. Go and buy a few lots of ComfortDelgro or SMRT shares. Your return in dividends will far out-strip whatever small increase in fares you have to pay. The fact is that rising fuel prices have squeezed the profit margins of these transport companies, and have no attraction (for me at least) as an investment oppotunity.

As Gerard Ee of the PTC said, taxi drivers need to feed their families too. Since the last time there had been a fare hike, the price of oil has doubled.

yupz I agree with you but the sad truth is tat no many ppl understand it.....

increase fares/cost is part of the essence to constently keep up with services and upgrades...

and hopefully they'll keep doing so..... as often as possible... soon our current world class transport may become first class.... we'll have on-board entertainment system on bus and mrt, dts sound, wifi access, smoking corner, etc.. or even the world's first mrt to have on-board toilets... or any other that'll impress future tourists...

so i would encourage everyone to hands up to price hikes.... it's healthy... and most importantly we're already so use to it.......

dkw said:

Next, if you believe the bus/taxi companies are really making such a huge profit from the business, I have a very simple solution for you. Go and buy a few lots of ComfortDelgro or SMRT shares. Your return in dividends will far out-strip whatever small increase in fares you have to pay.:rolleyes: The fact is that rising fuel prices have squeezed the profit margins of these transport companies, and have no attraction (for me at least) as an investment oppotunity.

I agreed with you on the taxi part.

But I think public bus fare should not raise.
That is the only mean of cheap transport for the poor.
The poor are already earning lesser?
Why put additional burden on them? :dunno:

Ola said:
I agreed with you on the taxi part.

But I think public bus fare should not raise.
That is the only mean of cheap transport for the poor.
The poor are already earning lesser?
Why put additional burden on them? :dunno:

Those transport coys are private coys so they have to answer to shareholders....if jus becoz they keep price down and makes looses / break even only, think not many ppl will invest in these coys liao.... moreover, will these low price mean lower quality of service or retrenchment of workers? everybody wan cheap and good.....:bsmilie:

but at least in spore there is some aids for those who realli have trouble using these transport....

There's another cheaper transport FYI....

Walk or ride a bicycle. ;)

jsbn said:
There's another cheaper transport FYI....

Walk or ride a bicycle. ;)

:bsmilie: ...ya tat a good way of exercise also......actually for short distance, walking will be better for us and cheaper as well....

dkw said:

My point of view:
Taxi fare hike..less ppl take taxi, taxi driver still earn around the same..
If taxi rental drop, fare remain same, taxi driver earn slightly more, since COE drop how come never reflect on the rental?

Taxi fare have remain unchanged for many years, and to raise the fare for bus/mrt becos taxi fare hike..its nonsence..bus/mrt fare have increased at least once for the past few years..

Oil price hike->How come no tax relief?

Status
Not open for further replies.