Public Gallery

How much will you pay to display your photographs for publicity?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leumas01

Sep 5, 2005
eunos.crescent
leumas01.multiply.com
I am wondering if any of photographers in Singapore will want to showcase some of their personal works to the public. Doing this will enable photographers to gain exposure to the general public and not only to the photography committee.

I am sure for some of us, we will want public to know about our style of shooting and hopefully can get some referrals for photo jobs. You will never know that the person looking at your photos can be an editor of a local mag or newspaper; finds potential in your photography style and hope to rope you in as their in-house assistant photographer?

I know many of us are doing freelance photography out there like myself, but I find it hard to get clients to pass word of mouth to other companies which may require our services.

If there is this opportunity to sell your style and photos in a public gallery filled with photos from photographers in Singapore, will you pay to put your photos together with other photos taken by budding or professional photographers? :dunno:

It’s a so call like a collaboration of photographers to draw a common target crowd which can be quite effective. Please vote!! :angel:

This exhibition idea was done quite some time ago by the Offstone group and forum pple, all I gathered then was that it required significant resources and commitment to do an exhibition.

How about if its a permament location where the cost of a shopping mall or shop's wall space is rented out for this purpose. Traffic is heavy and customers know where to view photos which interest them? Publicity and marketing is included in the rental of photo space?

I think if the cost is like a small sum of money only enough to buy a few cans of cokes per month, I think most people will be willing to give it a try since that amount will not do them much harm, rather then advertise on newspaper or other medium. The more people the cheaper the rent goes......any other good suggestions?

Please remember to Vote!

Few cans of coke? That means to exhibit only costs S$10 or less?

If you can proivide a deal like that, then okay lor :)

How about if its a permament location where the cost of a shopping mall or shop's wall space is rented out for this purpose. Traffic is heavy and customers know where to view photos which interest them? Publicity and marketing is included in the rental of photo space?

I think if the cost is like a small sum of money only enough to buy a few cans of cokes per month, I think most people will be willing to give it a try since that amount will not do them much harm, rather then advertise on newspaper or other medium. The more people the cheaper the rent goes......any other good suggestions?

Please remember to Vote!

That's a media space :bigeyes: Do you know how much is it???

Maybe National Library is a good for you. You can try there

I guess most of us would prefer to post photos on forums free. I feel that if a photo is well taken it should be showcase for everyone to see not limiting to people who visit photo gallery onlines.

The option of sharing part of the job's earning with the gallery is good, as it feeds both the photographer and the gallery. I think its a win win situtation?

Hmm, will it be feasible? I mean, if we're talking about rental of commercial space in malls. Even if it's a neighbourhood mall, the rental isn't going to be cheap.

It is a novelty idea though. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but if we get a small space which can easily cost $6k per month, we need to get 300 photographers to pay $20 each. Considering the shop space may only be like 500 sq feet or less, I don't see how we can cramp everybody's works, even if it's just 1 photograph per person.

Unless, of course, some of the interested parties are willing to pay more. In that case, it is only fair that those parties who are paying more get more "space", which may lead back to the same problem root.

Unless a detailed plan can be worked out to show its feasibility, it might not work out.

Just my 2 cents. Not shooting down your idea. No offence intended. So pls don't flame me... :cry:

Hmm, will it be feasible? I mean, if we're talking about rental of commercial space in malls. Even if it's a neighbourhood mall, the rental isn't going to be cheap.

It is a novelty idea though. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but if we get a small space which can easily cost $6k per month, we need to get 300 photographers to pay $20 each. Considering the shop space may only be like 500 sq feet or less, I don't see how we can cramp everybody's works, even if it's just 1 photograph per person.

Unless, of course, some of the interested parties are willing to pay more. In that case, it is only fair that those parties who are paying more get more "space", which may lead back to the same problem root.

Unless a detailed plan can be worked out to show its feasibility, it might not work out.

Just my 2 cents. Not shooting down your idea. No offence intended. So pls don't flame me... :cry:

Not a problem. Its just an idea. But there is a cheaper way to do so. And the cost is quite low. I am researching on it. Will let you guys know in due time.

If you guys have any better idea to do all this please let me know :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.