Public Emergency Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Just returned from Woodlands MRT Station, and found that the Public Emergency Exercise is held between Bishan and Marina Bay on the NS Line, took place in Dhoby Ghaut, Toa Payoh, Raffles Place and Marina Bay MRT Station.

Any news?

So far raods around the area have been closed and hte exercise is expected to finish at 0930.. if you tune in to radio got announcements.. theres been police and civil defence reservists mobiliased too.

go and get some shots, men!

hwchoy said:
wah lao these people damn siao on man, pick a rainy day like that to exercise ;p

I saw police have a recall manning at 7.30 am this morning on TV! 7.30 am! :eek:

Yeah...I was waken by the Blarings of the ambulances which park directly below my flat, bt still went back to sleep:bsmilie:

Mrt n Road closed till 930am everything cleared!

Slivester said:
Just returned from Woodlands MRT Station, and found that the Public Emergency Exercise is held between Bishan and Marina Bay on the NS Line, took place in Dhoby Ghaut, Toa Payoh, Raffles Place and Marina Bay MRT Station.

Any news?

They say onli 4 stations will be involved it ended 13 stations involved n toa payoh bus interchange gt blasted!

well, at least they chose an early sun morning to do the exercise.

I think they've pretty much done what they can to minimise inconvenience to communters without compromising too much for the exercise.

A whole train of people hard to disembark at Bishan and switch to bus for the rest of the journey.

Stupid lor, a lot of people were rushing for work and they do this kind of stupid thing. I waited for 20mins for a train up to yishan. :rolleyes: Idiots.

espn said:
A whole train of people hard to disembark at Bishan and switch to bus for the rest of the journey.

Stupid lor, a lot of people were rushing for work and they do this kind of stupid thing. I waited for 20mins for a train up to yishan. :rolleyes: Idiots.

work on a sunday :O if they did it on weekday woudnt it have been worse?

raptor84 said:
work on a sunday :O if they did it on weekday woudnt it have been worse?
They could do it before/after working hours in the wee hours of morning. They had to mobilise buses for the exercise and caused some irregular bus trips for normal working hours.

AFAIK, all these are wayang and nothing but waste of time, not necessary at all.

espn said:
They could do it before/after working hours in the wee hours of morning. They had to mobilise buses for the exercise and caused some irregular bus trips for normal working hours.

AFAIK, all these are wayang and nothing but waste of time, not necessary at all.
wee hours dont have pple taking trains already and besides the services not even started yet, how to simulate a terrorist attack?

espn said:

I agree, should donate the money to welfare organisation. The CNY show last night alone cost $1.5m.:thumbsup:

But at least this Northstar V can guage the capability of each Agencies and how they work with one another.

Like Katrina in US showed how vulnerable they are. Then finger-pointing.

espn said:

Lets just say at least we did it, and will not contrite when something really happen, and to be caught unaware.

espn said:
Terrorists dun choose wee hours of the morning to strike. ;p

Bomb come, I dun think u'll say its wayang liaoz. ;p

sunday morning....perhaps the disruption will be lesser....hmmmm if really wanna test the ability and operation effectiveness of the authority...they should perhaps run the ex during the weekday peak period...can u imagine a large scale evacuation of thousands of working class at Raffles Place at 8am and the disruption to others as well...it would really put the authority to the test...(will also put Singaporean complain ability to the test)....anyway they have did it this time round....lets just give these guys a pat on their back this time round....yah if really a bombing happen...(touchwood) it can be anytime anywhere.

Peace:lovegrin: :angel: :)

tangoninazero said:
sunday morning....perhaps the disruption will be lesser....hmmmm if really wanna test the ability and operation effectiveness of the authority...they should perhaps run the ex during the weekday peak period...can u imagine a large scale evacuation of thousands of working class at Raffles Place at 8am and the disruption to others as well...it would really put the authority to the test...(will also put Singaporean complain ability to the test)....anyway they have did it this time round....lets just give these guys a pat on their back this time round....yah if really a bombing happen...(touchwood) it can be anytime anywhere.

ha..dun tink so leh...if they do it during wkday at raffles place will only affect alot of businesses ....Singapore have to be business friendly mah...wait nobody wan come invest in Spore anymore...:bsmilie:

But I do agree with you think a bomb in Singapore is very likely lor...we are considered very lucky to have survive so long and also the hardwork of our governement agencies.....look at all our neighbours.......nowadays terriosim really got no boundaries liao....:nono:

tangoninazero said:

If you see the news today, they have declared the exercise a success and are now considering doing it again during the weekday peak period. Look out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.