Public Area Photography

oceanpriest said:
later oso kena scolded, ask u to delete the pics, coz they thought u are zoophile :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Don't shoot any kids, unless parents are paying you to do so.

Fyi, for stock photography, some agancies are very uptight about model release, if you can tell that is a person in the photo, even it is very small, can see face or not. will still ask you to get a model release.
agree on this one... :thumbsup:

It sad that today, we are all so suspicious of the intent of photography. Frankly, until now, I didn't understand what can be done to harm the child in the photo. You mean daily we saw child photos in newspaper whether as advertisement of some public events, they are all in danger?

Of course there is this thing call privacy. Whether you are an adult or child, you have your right. If you don't like to be photographed, politely tell the person to please delete it. As a photographer, I will not hesitate to do so. There are plenty of fishes in the ocean.

Go to a less developed country, they smile at you when you take a photo of them. Aren't we the same in the 50 & 60? Somehow we are thinking more than it should be.

I like children because they are so innocent. They did not pose for you just they natural reaction. Alas, the next best is insect. They never complain and their parent couldn't care either.

And by acting like the mentioned parent, it will instil suspicion in the mind of the child. Maybe 10-20 years down the road, the gov need to launch another grace/politeness/smile/whatever campaign...
Its funny when many claim Sg is one of the safest country in the world, yet the mind of its citizen do not have any peace.
Or how one's mind constantly terrorized with images and sound of train explosion just to prevent hypothetical terrorist attack.
Fortunately the younger generation is ignorant and prefer to make love on the train :sweat::lovegrin::bsmilie:

I have another experience shooting kids on St Patricks Day. The parents (ang moh) are very friendly and even chat with us.

:bsmilie: but i still young and hansum leh. shoot kids people normally won't complain about me one.

That is the problem :bsmilie:

The father don't want the kids to run away with you when she become a teenager. :bsmilie:

Blame it on the Internet.... :think:

You mean blame it on stomp :bsmilie:

I have seen so many photos of people sleeping on reserve seat that I don't dare to sit on reserve seat even when the train is empty.:bsmilie:

I think you misunderstand a statement of fact about the law with a defense of obnoxiousness. Read my prior post to the TS -- I do advocate consideration, even in the defense of established rights.

BTW, there will be those who 'cower' behind morality and moral rights too, assuming that their view is the be-all and end-all.

You are definitely right. There will also be those who hide behind morality and view all others as not as 'noble' or 'just' and it can also be as bad. My post wasn't targetted at you in particular but an observation of what I've read or seen enough of to want to comment about it.

And, may I suggest, it would be good for everyone to read up more on Child Protection. In Singapore, we have yet to reach the stage of implementing a solid CPP. CPP isn't just about abuse or neglect. It also covers child exploitation, harassment and many others. Perhaps some of you will understand why some of us (or maybe just me) has a rather firm view on this....

err... just to share wat my frd shared wif me over a kopi session.
1 of the topics was abt photo-taking: he told me if a stranger happened to take photos of his children, he'll ask the person to del the photo immediately as he isn't wary of the PG's intention. (is the PG pedo? is the PG fr a kidnap sync, doing labelling? or smth else.)
so if the parents ask PG to del photo, try explain 1st, if they don't accept the reasons, jus del, no pt getting angry over it.

humble said:
err... just to share wat my frd shared wif me over a kopi session.
1 of the topics was abt photo-taking: he told me if a stranger happened to take photos of his children, he'll ask the person to del the photo immediately as he isn't wary of the PG's intention. (is the PG pedo? is the PG fr a kidnap sync, doing labelling? or smth else.)
so if the parents ask PG to del photo, try explain 1st, if they don't accept the reasons, jus del, no pt getting angry over it.

I think the point is that both party can be gracious about it, instead of acting sneaky or a bully about it. However, if u understand the other persons perspective, u might not take offense and can ask nicely....;)

If you all observe the number of security cameras and CCTV around. .... You and your kids photo are taken more than you ever know or would like to know.

Recently my camera on timer as I playing with time lapse. So, hardly anyone notice that I taking photos but they might includes in the photos if the camera happens to "Capture" them. I never been approach by any one, esp those bare back woman, haha! Btw, the invention of digital camera become a nuisance to a lot of people as every can afford a camera and click click.

Recently my camera on timer as I playing with time lapse. So, hardly anyone notice that I taking photos but they might includes in the photos if the camera happens to "Capture" them. I never been approach by any one, esp those bare back woman, haha! Btw, the invention of digital camera become a nuisance to a lot of people as every can afford a camera and click click.

i think the only nuisances are the people who ask me (or you for that matter) the following questions:

"hey! i see you have a DSLR. do you by any chance do freelance? how much? $150 for a whole day shoot?"

"hey! the company is having the D&D and we couldn't get an official photographer...."

"hey! the boss said he wants you to shoot blah blah blah event..." (this is definitely fake)

(while you're busy at work) "hey! i heard you've got a camera. so you know, what camera should i get.. i heard this brand that brand other brand yadda yadda yadda...." (for the next 1 hour)

:bsmilie:

i think the only nuisances are the people who ask me (or you for that matter) the following questions:

"hey! i see you have a DSLR. do you by any chance do freelance? how much? $150 for a whole day shoot?"

"hey! the company is having the D&D and we couldn't get an official photographer...."

"hey! the boss said he wants you to shoot blah blah blah event..." (this is definitely fake)

(while you're busy at work) "hey! i heard you've got a camera. so you know, what camera should i get.. i heard this brand that brand other brand yadda yadda yadda...." (for the next 1 hour)

During my recently TEAM BUILDING, I been asked thousands of times, where is your DSLR? Pls la, we go there for team building, not taking photos la. Furthermore, my gear so heavy, weather so hot, I not stupid to bring my gears for company event when the company treated me (Idk the rest) like shyt. Also if my gears lost during event, blame myself only. Most bring PnS and the one with DSLR, also lighter than mine a lot n he no brings tripod, haha!

During my recently TEAM BUILDING, I been asked thousands of times, where is your DSLR? Pls la, we go there for team building, not taking photos la. Furthermore, my gear so heavy, weather so hot, I not stupid to bring my gears for company event when the company treated me (Idk the rest) like shyt. Also if my gears lost during event, blame myself only. Most bring PnS and the one with DSLR, also lighter than mine a lot n he no brings tripod, haha!

Tell me about it..... I was in the same situation, except I brought mine along and this was what happened to the screen protector:
schottglass02.jpg

Tell me about it..... I was in the same situation, except I brought mine along and this was what happened to the screen protector:

i got the same question.

so i shot back at them:

"i'm not gonna use my own gear. what if something happens? who will bear the cost of repairs?

why don't you RENT or LOAN a camera for me."

well.....

that's what they did

Can photographs be taken of policeman?

that is a good question,

may I know what is your purpose of taking photograph of policemen?

Well purely from a street photographers perspective. :)