Pse help!!! Fujifilm FinePix F30, Sony Cybershot T10 or Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seevic

Dec 24, 2006
Hi fellow frds, I'm intending to buy a slim digi cam as a gift for my gf within these few daes. Went through some reviews online and had streamed down my search to these 3 cams ...

1) Fujifilm FinePix F30
2) Sony Cybershot T10
3) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07

Some of my criterias are as follows :

a) Must be a slim but preferably ultra slim compact cam and "attractive enuff"
b) Preferably comes in "ladylike" colour. (pink etc)
c) Must take good nite/ indoor shots
d) Must have image stabiliser etc (as my gf got "ultra shaky hands")

And my thoughts so far for the 3 cams...

1) Fujifilm FinePix F30 >> Pros : Best reviews posted from users online. Superb low light performance and nite shots(i luv this!). ISO up to 3200. Low noise even at high ISO. "Energiser" battery life. Cons : Only slim and NOT ultra slim. Only silver colour so far i seen. Bland design, not "sexy". No optical image stabilisation.

2) Sony Cybershot T10 >> Pros : Most attractive design n colour(i luv this!). Ultra slim and lightest. Good bright daylight shots. Cons : Poor indoor/low light shots. Aperture starts at F3.5. Shutter lag time (Quite a delay for cam to focus, shoot and process). Poor battery life.

3) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07 >> Decent leica lens (produces sharp images). Intelligent ISO Control mode. Variety of colours. Wide angle lens(i luv this! Everyone would!) Optical Image Stabilisation is SUPERB (the "true" anti-shake). Cons : Images too pixelated - ended up giving a "watercolor" effect. Not as "ultra compact cam" as stated. Image noise even at low ISO levels (Im not an expert but this is the main point hindering me from getting this. Is is that bad?!? Low ISO oso can get noise??? Argh...)

Anyone with any comments or advice are appreciated!!!!! Merry Xmas to all..... :D

Conclusion : Thanks for all the replies thus far. Had managed to do a further search and also after another trip down to the camera counter(inclu "psycho my gf"), i guessed i had changed my mind on the previous 3 selections of cams. More or less will go for the Canon IXUS 850 IS. :thumbsup:

since you already know the good and bad about each camera, just choose one that you think is the most suitable...

and why must your post be "special" :think:

Amazing the Fuji F30 can take this high standard of pix.... :thumbsup:

haha in fact i was looking at these 3 models too, end up gotten the 07, as the camera is for my parents, think they want something good and easy to use, as for image quality, i am really disappointed ><

I don't know about F30, i thought she may be better off with F20 or F31fd. F20 for the no fuzz point and shoot and lower price. F31fd for the "manual" control and FD.

since you already know the good and bad about each camera, just choose one that you think is the most suitable...

and why must your post be "special" :think:

im not an expert in cameras and actually some of the comments posted about the cams are retrieved from other online website. I just tot if any members here can further advise on these pros and cons that i had listed. And whether did anyone who hold these cameras like to share their experiences here...whether good or bad.

And why was my post "special" (to you anyway).
:think:

im not an expert in cameras and actually some of the comments posted about the cams are retrieved from other online website. I just tot if any members here can further advise on these pros and cons that i had listed. And whether did anyone who hold these cameras like to share their experiences here...whether good or bad.

And why was my post "special" (to you anyway).
:think:
the font you used are "specially" big and different in color.

as for the 3 camera, all of them fit into some of your requirement but not all, so you gotta choose which factor is the most important to you, and choose the camera that fulfil most of it.

as for image quality, im sure all are very :thumbsup: in daylight, but when it comes to night, fuji and panasonic have an advantage(depending on what you are shooting, for movement = fuji, still = fuji/panasonic)

haha in fact i was looking at these 3 models too, end up gotten the 07, as the camera is for my parents, think they want something good and easy to use, as for image quality, i am really disappointed ><

thanks. these are the sort of replies that will help.

so leeter, why was the 07 disappointing? I actually approached a cam counter staff few daes ago, wanting to have a look at the Sony T10. He instead recommended me the Lumix 07 and advising me against buying the T10.

:what:

Just OT a bit, if someone has shaky hands, ultra shaky for your gf case, you need to bring her to the doc. I am not joking.:angel:

the font you used are "specially" big and different in color.

as for the 3 camera, all of them fit into some of your requirement but not all, so you gotta choose which factor is the most important to you, and choose the camera that fulfil most of it.

as for image quality, im sure all are very :thumbsup: in daylight, but when it comes to night, fuji and panasonic have an advantage(depending on what you are shooting, for movement = fuji, still = fuji/panasonic)

Basically i dun get u on your 1st point. Are the fonts and colours left on this forum sacred and left there to be dusted? My colours are neither in red (= threatening) nor in CAPS (=shouting). Pardon me but i still dun see whats the problem with that. Did i violate any forum rules by posting in slightly bigger fonts and in different colours? If the fonts and colours are not there to be used, why would it be there in the 1st place. well, case closed yea (hopefully).

Btw, Noted yr para 2 and 3. Thanks for yr inputs. Guess im alittle undecisive...still. cheers.

I don't know about F30, i thought she may be better off with F20 or F31fd. F20 for the no fuzz point and shoot and lower price. F31fd for the "manual" control and FD.

thks. price not so much of an issue. wanted to have a better cam instead of getting one cos its cheaper. will take a look at the F31 fd. btw, whats the "fd" supposed to mean? As u can see,im really a noob when it comes to cameras stuff...lolx..pardon me. :bsmilie:

thks. price not so much of an issue. wanted to have a better cam instead of getting one cos its cheaper. will take a look at the F31 fd. btw, whats the "fd" supposed to mean? As u can see,im really a noob when it comes to cameras stuff...lolx..pardon me. :bsmilie:

No prob.

fd is face detection. The in-thing now(along with anti-shakes). I own a F31fd, nice cam. But I doubt your gf will use the features. If you don't use the features, then no need to pay for it. That's why I suggested F20.

best way, bring ur GF down to the shop and let her choose.

best way, bring ur GF down to the shop and let her choose.

If left to her, the chances that she will pick up T10 is very high. :)

Okay, i was disappointed becoz of the watercolor effect when ISO higher than 400 is used (not quite sure if it's true for all, but it happens in my pic).

If it's weird colors/grain still okay, can convert to B&W photo, but the watercolor effect is really abit irritating. But once again, if you're a casual shooter, you wont be pixel peeping...

Nevertheless, the 28mm and O.I.S is really impressive :)

Conclusion : Thanks for all the replies thus far. Had managed to do a further search and also after another trip down to the camera counter(inclu "psycho my gf" to not go for just the "beauty of the camera" but instead the "beauty of the end product - the photo"), i guessed i had changed my mind on the previous 3 selections of cams. More or less will go for the Canon IXUS 850 IS.

Some of the things that lured me into the Canon 850 IS .....

- 3.8x optical zoom lens
- image stabilisation
- "wide" lens
- an optical viewfinder
- Strong colours, ISO till 1600 (dun think i will like to use till 3200 anyway taking into account the noise and graininess)
- Quick shot (0.28 seconds per shot)
- Good close-up shots (can focus from 3cm away from the subject)
- plenty of features available (usually for Canon)compared to rest of closely similar cams
:D

I like the bright colours that the 850 IS produces... stunning... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.