PS3 - White or Black?

PS3 - Black or White?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
I'm thinking of getting a PS3 and a Wii come january... But I'm stuck between the slick black PS3 or the sweet white one...

Sigh...

So, which would you get?

For me its everything BLACK !!! PSP, PS2, Mac Book, ipod, Hp, Camera, Car and underwear all Black :sweatsm: but I love white lens :lovegrin:

Do you have a white or black LCD TV? Do you have a white or black PSP? If yes then match them or match with your TV cabinet. :bsmilie:

I'm thinking of getting a PS3 and a Wii come january... But I'm stuck between the slick black PS3 or the sweet white one...

Sigh...

So, which would you get?

I have a black PS3 and it gets dusty every few days, have to clean it quite often, white would be better i feel :)

Black, the traditional color on the PS2/PSP, though the PS is grey.

last time the differentiate white = japanese set, black = USA set

is it still the same now?

last time the differentiate white = japanese set, black = USA set

is it still the same now?

Now the PS2/PS3/PSP are region coded.
Singapore sets are from Asia (not made in Japan).
So no matter what color you go for it's a Asia set.

I was told that the PS3 and the blu-ray disc games are no longer region-coded, unlike DVDs.
Therefore, it doesn't matter what region your machine is from, it can play ALL PS3 games.
The region-coding only comes into play with regard to playing movie DVDs, am I correct?

btw, anyone wants to sell their PS3 controller?
Apparently the sets originally came bundled with a SixAxis wireless controller, but only recently have they included the dualshock 3 controller.
So if anyone wants to sell their controller to 'upgrade' to the dualshock 3, kindly PM me! thanks!

p.s. I have the dualshock 3 controller. Need a 2nd controller cheap cheap.

i would get white if i have the money. but white gets dirty easily and will probably turn yellow even with good care. so black is a more feasible option i guess

I was told that the PS3 and the blu-ray disc games are no longer region-coded, unlike DVDs.
Therefore, it doesn't matter what region your machine is from, it can play ALL PS3 games.
The region-coding only comes into play with regard to playing movie DVDs, am I correct?

You are right.
Unlike the PS2 which is region coded, PS3 has followed the PSP in allowing games of all regions to be played.
But there are still some people going for the "Made In Japan" label.
To them, made in Japan means boleh!
I have to admit, i'm abit like that too. :bsmilie:

Everything is now white, so black will be the new white?

Boring leh...how about carbon fibre instead

986f_1.JPG

is that photo PS-ed by you? Not bad! :)

Quite frustrated by the PS3. It's a much more complicated machine than my previous Xbox :)
So many menus to go through. One problem I've encountered is when I want to play on another TV that doesn't have HDMI. Since my video output is set to HDMI, when I connect it to the other TV via the component cables, I get no display at all...
Not sure how to resolve this unless I plug both the the HDMI and Component cables into my present tv and then switch over via the PS3 menu... hmmmm...

Last edited:
is that photo PS-ed by you? Not bad! :)

Quite frustrated by the PS3. It's a much more complicated machine than my previous Xbox :)
So many menus to go through. One problem I've encountered is when I want to play on another TV that doesn't have HDMI. Since my video output is set to HDMI, when I connect it to the other TV via the component cables, I get no display at all...
Not sure how to resolve this unless I plug both the the HDMI and Component cables into my present tv and then switch over via the PS3 menu... hmmmm...

press and hold on the centre PS button. this will recalibrate your display settings based on whatever it is detecting.

if I'm not mistaken, this is the way to do it without connecting two cables, disabling HDMI settings, and then disconnecting everything again.

it's written in your instruction booklet by the way. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.