Status
Not open for further replies.

firestone

Mar 2, 2003
West
www.redmonsoon.com
Hi guys,
Another work done for fun.
This is a photomontage which started as a quick sketch.
Wanted to capture a mood which is slightly creepy but not scary...inviting those bold enough up those steps to xplore what lies beyond..

Meant as a background matte or something, with falling leaves, moving tree shadows... :) C&C appreciated!

Before

:thumbsup: wow, cool piece of work! :)

i dun really like the little line of foreground barb wire(?), kinda too distracting for me, just my own preference though.

Well done..

Wow where did shoot this? I love the mood it creats.

walao, like that also can..you are good!!!

your photoshop numero uno!! very nice!

nice :thumbsup:

Your white balance and contrast control is damn good. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, thks for the kind words.:)

Ist of all I didn't shoot any of the images. mostly I just search online. I do have a library of 'cool' images that fits into loose categories like industrial, destruction, snow, horror, house, stairs, etc. I'll keep what I visualize could be used in future or is inspiring..

Arcanic, thks for the feedback, I used the barded wire to sort of make the place more 'unapproachable'?but only for this still.
Actually I usually imagine a person standing mid-shot to camera, looking upwards towards the pavillion. In which case I'll surely remove the wire. :)

No comments on the other underwater pic? Can help me improve on it pls?Thks thks.
What do you think can be improved?

wah lao! you are damn too much, too damn good :)

just one comment. the big tree on the right, the roots is too close to the stone steps, normally the stone should be pushed by the roots and bulge upwards or even crack. can consider reducing the tree or shifting slightly right.

hwchoy said:
wah lao! you are damn too much, too damn good :)

just one comment. the big tree on the right, the roots is too close to the stone steps, normally the stone should be pushed by the roots and bulge upwards or even crack. can consider reducing the tree or shifting slightly right.

Thks thks, I know abt that one,!haha..
Buay tahan right? especially the roots like all suddenly cut off!

BUT! its not a normal tree....lol:bsmilie:

ok lah ok, tink have another version lah.
But I love that it gives on ist impression that something is NOT right..?

And Sion, ur comment too much lah,haha..
Just that most other guys not so free like me lah..dont tell my boss..kekeke..
But my satisfaction is in creating a place that cannot be found & shot.:)

This kind of image is nothing new. In fact, it looks similar to some of Jerry Uelsmann's original works.

Dr. Uelsmann was once my teacher, and I have seen several of his compositions which remind me of Firestone's.

aad.jpg

JU1068.jpg

Uelsmann.jpg

aad.jpg

Interesting! very surreal..:)
Goggled his ,http://www.uelsmann.net/
Wa, he's 72! really old master man...

Only BIG difference is that I'm not really keen to do those arty pieces.
unless any CSer here who perhaps owns a Gallery tink there may be a mkt$ for these kind of works...then pls PM me..:) lol

firestone said:
....Wa, he's 72! really old master man...

His life is still very busy though; teaching at University of Florida at Gainesville, conducting numerous workshops, guess lecturer at Rochester Institute of Technology (both Dr. Uelsmann's and my alma mater), interviews, printing his masterpieces, senior technical consultant for Adobe Systems and taking photographs. He is young at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.