PS CS4 Student Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikonnew

May 31, 2005
Hi,

I do not know if this is the right place to post this question, if not, pls advise.

I am planning to buy a copy of the above, using my nephew's name. He is currently in NUS 1st year.

Does anybody knows how this works, do we have to load this in a pc under his name. Or can I buy under his name and use it in my pc.?

appreciate any advise

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/st...ryPath=/Applications/PhotoshopExtendedStudent

Restrictions on use of Student EditionsYou may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student Edition product. This license may be used only on your privately owned computer. Student Edition products may not be resold by the end user.

Does anybody knows how this works, do we have to load this in a pc under his name. Or can I buy under his name and use it in my pc.?
I guess you can, the most you might need to register it using his/her name .. :) I suppose the key thing is "not for business purposes"

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/st...ryPath=/Applications/PhotoshopExtendedStudent

Restrictions on use of Student EditionsYou may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student Edition product. This license may be used only on your privately owned computer. Student Edition products may not be resold by the end user.

I guess you can, the most you might need to register it using his/her name .. :) I suppose the key thing is "not for business purposes"

thanks for your reply and link. But i am a abit confused at the difference in pricing. US is selling 199USD while I saw a copy in Popular store going for 165 SGD.

changes in licensing agreements i suppose.

Student Edition can only be used by the student who bought the copy for educational use and the license is non-transferable.

So far i have no idea what happens if get caught if used by others or profit making usage.

When I enquired about the student edition of CS3 previously, all they need is just to present a student pass, or teacher pass when making the purchase. A photocopy of the pass is also required.

My interpretation:
"may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student Edition product" - Mean one student/teacher can only buy one copy of any Adobe Student product. Prevents the student/teacher from buying many copies to sell, or give friends. Not sure if they, or how they keep track. Probably from a database records of student edition buyers.

"May not be resold" simply implies that the buyer should be the one who is using the product. But it doesn't say "May not be gifted", if you know what I mean.

Sorry...might be stupid question.

Thus, this student edition PS can be purchased from Popular using student card?? @$165

When I enquired about the student edition of CS3 previously, all they need is just to present a student pass, or teacher pass when making the purchase. A photocopy of the pass is also required.

My interpretation:
"may purchase only one license of any Adobe Student Edition product" - Mean one student/teacher can only buy one copy of any Adobe Student product. Prevents the student/teacher from buying many copies to sell, or give friends. Not sure if they, or how they keep track. Probably from a database records of student edition buyers.

"May not be resold" simply implies that the buyer should be the one who is using the product. But it doesn't say "May not be gifted", if you know what I mean.

well,

i have no plans to resell or profit from it, it is solely for my own casual use. I am shopping for a photo editor, nothing too spectacular but just one that goes beyond the red eye, color and sharpness control.

I was deciding between PS elements and Corel's Paint Photo Pro, and then came across this at Popular. CS4 will defintely be an overkill for my purpose but if I could have it for 165, then why not?:think:

just produce student card during collection..if collect on behalf there is a letter i think..check the website. think only one license...but thats enough..

Just like to confirm if PS's Camera Raw come with this? I am currently using Nikon's D5000

If you are just a home user, can use Photoshop Element or Lightroom.

If you are just a home user, can use Photoshop Element or Lightroom.

I agree with you,.....but with this deal, I will end up paying more for Elements, and much more for Lightroom.....cannot convince myself to do that.:confused:

Gotten from mines. Just show the student pass and sign. Nothing more tho. =)
Student pack not eligible for upgrade.

Just got my copy from Mine, hopefully have chance to play arond with it during my holidays in manila

student price so cheap liao,
i mean, when CS5 comes out, buy another student edition la...

Just like to confirm if PS's Camera Raw come with this? I am currently using Nikon's D5000
if your it refers to the student edition, then yes, there Camera Raw.

but note that the resolution, minimum required, is bigger, than most netbooks.

well,

i have no plans to resell or profit from it, it is solely for my own casual use. I am shopping for a photo editor, nothing too spectacular but just one that goes beyond the red eye, color and sharpness control.

I was deciding between PS elements and Corel's Paint Photo Pro, and then came across this at Popular. CS4 will defintely be an overkill for my purpose but if I could have it for 165, then why not?:think:

Technically, it's piracy. He's not the one using it, you are.

I beg to differ on this. I have a friend, whom uses the Adobe, going back to the 90's when Pagemaker was the flavour, his daughter bought it, when she was at school here in Singapore, installed it on his computer, used it for a while and then said to her father, now you can use it.

Hes continually upgraded upgraded, and now hes running CS4. He just pays the upgrade fees.

You just need to register to a the person with the student card.(keep all details for proof of purchases.)

Cheers ...

I have purchased the student creative suite web premium for 99 dollars. It includes PS cs4 and a whole lot of other software. i guess it's no different from the other licences, just dont get caught...

BTW, I am a student.

I have purchased the student creative suite web premium for 99 dollars. It includes PS cs4 and a whole lot of other software. i guess it's no different from the other licences, just dont get caught...

BTW, I am a student.

yes adobe creative suite web premium is more worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.