PS CS4 Clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
when i 1st open the raw file...i can edit explosure etc and clarity under 'camera raw'. but after edit, i can't find the function clarity anymore. anyone knows where can i find and what i can do to have the same clarity effect from an edited file.

when i 1st open the raw file...i can edit explosure etc and clarity under 'camera raw'. but after edit, i can't find the function clarity anymore. anyone knows where can i find and what i can do to have the same clarity effect from an edited file.

It's not a separate function/filter - but a combination of things that tweak your RAW file from the beginning. Hence once you are in JPG/TIFF/PSD format - it's not available any more.

Open your JPEG in your Adobe Raw.

You're right - that's a good idea. And of course it works.

I'm probably so much used to working from RAW files and doing edits always 'non-destructive'. Actually starting in Lightroom - so clarity is always there...

you can try using an unsharp mask adjustment layer on a layer turned into a smart object... use a relatively low "amount" value (as a starting point, try, say, 25), and a relatively high "radius" value (say, 30), and season to taste... values suggested of course aren't suitable for all images and is affected by image size and the fineness of detail in the image... the idea behind this use of unsharp mask is basically the same as that in clarity... have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.