Ps Cs2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
Hi,

Can someone help me to clear some doubts please?

#1. Can I use the wheel on my mouse to scroll up and down to zoom in and out when viewing a photo? I can do so using CS but I dun seem to be able to use this anymore. Quite cant get use to it everytime I need to Ctrl +/-

#2. When I process the RAW files, the program do it everything auto, can I disable this as I need to do all this manually. I got to uncheck or reset my number to set it back to original.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Regards
CM

i would advise you not to use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.. use the keyboard shortcuts, eg. ctrl space click to zoom in, alt space click to zoom out...

As for the Camera Raw, open any raw file using camera raw, look for the little arrow on the top right of the exposure slider, click it, turn OFF auto-adjustments, then select Save Camera Raw Defaults...

Hope this helps,
Ervine

Many thanks for the advice.

Still prefer the wheel to zoom in and out cos my right hand is like stick to the mouse when doing the editing hehe anyway, why is it not advisable?

Really no way to set to zoom using the wheel?

Regareds
CM

Auto checkboxes are on by default. To turn them off for good, do this:
Open a RAW file, turn off all the Auto checkboxes, and then go to the Settings flyout menu (Its the right-facing arrow to the right og the Settings pop-up menu) and choose Save New Camera Raw Defaults.

Viola!

sumball said:
Many thanks for the advice.

Still prefer the wheel to zoom in and out cos my right hand is like stick to the mouse when doing the editing hehe anyway, why is it not advisable?

Really no way to set to zoom using the wheel?

Regareds
CM

I also like to zoom in/out using scroll wheel. You can do that in photoshop CS2... suppose to be under preference... a check box that say zoom with scroll wheel or something... by default its unchecked.

Yup you can enable zooming via scroll wheel. I did. Its under preferences or whatever they call that dialogue box that lets you customise the software. Its disabled by default.

Adobe Camera RAW by default tweaks your RAW settings to what they feel is ideal. These settings are applicable to PS only, so if you use another RAW processing software to open it the image will be as you took it (unless the work like PS and tweaks on their own).

No way to disable this as far as I know... just uncheck the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.