PS color not right compare to other viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shihyong

Dec 28, 2003
Central
Hi All,

I am not sure what I had done to my PS. The image just don looks right compare to other image viewers. How can I adjust it back? Any Idea? Thanks.

37092305.jpg

Cheers

shihyong said:
Hi All,

I am not sure what I had done to my PS. The image just don looks right compare to other image viewers. How can I adjust it back? Any Idea? Thanks.

37092305.jpg

Cheers
Check under edit >color settings>color management policies if Preserved Embedded Profile is selected.

You may like to click yes "Ask when opening" under profile mismatch. This will prompt you a dialog box when you open an image with embedded profile. In the dialog you may select "discard embedded profile".

This way photoshop will manage the colors as other programs

Photoshop supports ICC while IE, ACDSee and windows picture viewer DO NOT support embedded profiles.

hope this helps . . .

sanver

Hi Sanver,

Thanks for the hint :thumbsup:

The Embedded Profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1
In order to make the photo looks normal compare to others image viewer, I need to change 'edit >color settings> Working Space>RGB'
to my Monitor RGB (Which is Monitor RGB - Philips 17"LCD monitor.

I had did some reseach from the Internets & found out someone recommended to "Stay with sRGB. That's what your camera is tagging it as, what your printer will print as, what most every lab printer will use as the default output."

Is it true? But the color does not looks good if compare sRGB to Monitor RGB.

Thanks.

~shihyong

Sanver said:
Check under edit >color settings>color management policies if Preserved Embedded Profile is selected.

You may like to click yes "Ask when opening" under profile mismatch. This will prompt you a dialog box when you open an image with embedded profile. In the dialog you may select "discard embedded profile".

This way photoshop will manage the colors as other programs

Photoshop supports ICC while IE, ACDSee and windows picture viewer DO NOT support embedded profiles.

hope this helps . . .

sanver

sRGB is the default when printing, so normally all images that go thru editing should remain in sRGB.

If you have a monitor profile, set all your applications to sit on the same profile. This should make your programs read the file and display it according to the profile.

ok. Thanks for your advice. :)

espn said:
sRGB is the default when printing, so normally all images that go thru editing should remain in sRGB.

If you have a monitor profile, set all your applications to sit on the same profile. This should make your programs read the file and display it according to the profile.

Shihyong,

Are you opening the image file in PS CS with "embeded profile" or you are discarding it ?.
Other image viewer applications you mentioned in your message just discard the embedded profile.

Could you post your image and I can have a look ....

Ideally, for printing at lab, you should open the image with its embedded profile, then use "Image>Mode>convert to profile (sRGB or Printer's profile)".

hope this helps . . .

Sanver,

Thanks for your very clear explanation.

At first, I used the "embeded profile",so it does not looks good. The coke bottle which is on the top left was using the embeded profile setting.

Now, I understand other image viewer applications discard the embedded profile.

Thanks.

regards
shihyong

Sanver said:
Shihyong,

Are you opening the image file in PS CS with "embeded profile" or you are discarding it ?.
Other image viewer applications you mentioned in your message just discard the embedded profile.

Could you post your image and I can have a look ....

Ideally, for printing at lab, you should open the image with its embedded profile, then use "Image>Mode>convert to profile (sRGB or Printer's profile)".

hope this helps . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.