Provia 100 and 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I saw many people ordering Provia 400 bulk roll...and I am really interested...but currently don't have the budget for that yet...

These might sound dumb questions...

1. If I don't need the extra speed, is it better for me to choose Provia 100 over 400? If money is not an issue...

2. At 8x enlargement, will there be significant different between Provia 100 and 400? If not...at what magnification will they shows the different? If I develope both to prints using Fuji Frontier digital printing, will there be any difference?

3. How much is Provia 100 bulk roll? One bulk roll can load about 20 rolls of 38 exposures?

4. Is there a Provia 100 and Provia 100F? What's their different?

Originally posted by Kho King

1. If I don't need the extra speed, is it better for me to choose Provia 100 over 400? If money is not an issue...

2. At 8x enlargement, will there be significant different between Provia 100 and 400? If not...at what magnification will they shows the different? If I develope both to prints using Fuji Frontier digital printing, will there be any difference?

3. How much is Provia 100 bulk roll? One bulk roll can load about 20 rolls of 38 exposures?

4. Is there a Provia 100 and Provia 100F? What's their different?

1. Yes

2. If your eyes are pretty sharp, yes.

3. Slightly under $100.

4. Provia 100 sucks. Use 100F.

Originally posted by Kho King
I saw many people ordering Provia 400 bulk roll...and I am really interested...but currently don't have the budget for that yet...

These might sound dumb questions...

Hi!

I hope I got this right...so far when I do bulk loading, it doesn't exceed 35-36 exposures per roll...being my cam will automatically rewind once it finishes the 36th exposure...unless you can override the default setting, then that'll be a different thing...

Thus like some of us, our yields is 33-35 exposures per cannister; 22 cannisters in all! ;)

2. For 8x enlargements, I see some difference between Provia 100F and 400F. Your major concern will be colour accuracy. All the fuji frontier labs I've visited seem to do a much better job with negative film - when printing. Results have varied wildly with slide film. One of the "best" labs in Singapore, RGB, produced the worst prints (from slide) I have.

4. Provia 100 no longer exists. It was replaced by Provia 100F.

Status
Not open for further replies.