Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
LabradorPark060521102-resize.jpg

nice eye cathcing red. But need details in the pram. Right now, at least on my screen, its a black mess. Could be pushing a stack of empty drink cans and not a baby, I wldnt know.

Also rather unbalanced. Too much empty space. You may be aware and thus the words to create some kind of balance, but not enuff.

Also the chimmey in the bkgd, kinda of distracting, at least not supporting your intention as expressed in the title.

I am a beginer,... but i personally like this pic, the 'red' umbrella stands out creating a beautiful constrast with respect to the foreground and background tone....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

quite like the scene where there's a contrast between a bigger world and a smaller world, the protected and the unprotected, and of course the mediating subject (the man with umbrella) ... like the mood as well. but do watch the post processing, not very clean i must say, just look around the umbrella area and you know what i meant :)

nice one jeff... i think it works pretty well for me... like the mood here... perhaps i would like to defer from espion... i prefer the subject to b in the tone its in now... it pretty obvious of what the man's pushing i think... common sense. :)

but like wad eikin said... around the umbrella bro... :cool:

when i see the umbrella, first thing come to mind.....SINGTEL :bsmilie:

Jeff, you've done it again.

Works out nicely. I love the intentional space created by showing a sensible portion of the wet concrete surface.

The far chimneys add a sense of industrial bleakness to the mood. Don't worry about the exposure of the baby, takes pretty sick imagination to think otherwise.

If I may add one comment, a touch more exposure on the reflective surface of the concrete would create a nice contrast to the bleak background.

Always enjoyed your work. Looking forward to more! :)

Gunbucker said:
Don't worry about the exposure of the baby, takes pretty sick imagination to think otherwise.

Hahaha, this statement really makes my day. Tx Gunbucker.

good use of the rule of the third.. and the colour to bring viewers straight to ur focus point, from there then by using umbrella u pushed our vision outward to the "stormy" sky, thus creating the impression of Protection.. :thumbsup:
i like it!

jeffhiew said:
Gunbucker said:
Don't worry about the exposure of the baby, takes pretty sick imagination to think otherwise.
Hahaha, this statement really makes my day. Tx Gunbucker.

You guys dont know what is critique.

But just know this: the manner and content of your critique reveal as much, if not more, of you, than the thing criticised.

I just love those leading 'lines'. it is visually pleasing. Graphically it works. Technically, I will like to see a bit more details in the shadows.

7 out of 10 - the highest score from me in Clubsnap so far. :bsmilie:

P.S.: The insurance companies will love this image for their ads!

espion said:
You guys dont know what is critique.

But just know this: the manner and content of your critique reveal as much, if not more, of you, than the thing criticised.
And that's the very problem. We're getting to know you more than we would want :bsmilie:

photobum said:
I just love those leading 'lines'. it is visually pleasing. Graphically it works. Technically, I will like to see a bit more details in the shadows.

7 out of 10 - the highest score from me in Clubsnap so far. :bsmilie:

P.S.: The insurance companies will love this ad!

Tx photobum. ...

Nicely done.:thumbsup:

jeffhiew said:
Tx photobum. ...

You have the X-factor that many CSers lacks (yes, even the veterans). Keep up the good work. Keep shooting and improving.

I can see the untapped potential in you, and I will be glad to be your mentor. Just PM me.

Interesting shot you got .

i would had commented more . on how i find it interesting , but i had a long day today .
i kinda like it .. cos it got a special feel to it ..
there is some simple mistake but that seem to make it even better

osix uvlux

Status
Not open for further replies.