Protecting Camera from Moisture overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2005
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
Hi guys, I'll be goin to cameroon highlands for a shooting trip this christmas.I heard that the air there is very moist and this might affect my lenses.Is there anyway to keep the camera and lenses dry during the trip besides drybox?I have thought of putting silica gel into my bag to keep the idsides dry too..is it feasible?Or do I even need to take all these measures at all?Thanks:)

solarii

Oct 20, 2005
Bt. Timah
Not necessary. You're only gonna be there a few days. Just keep you camera and lenses away from water and you'll be fine. Moisture in the air won't affect unless you place you camera over a steaming hot spring or something to that effect, and allowing water to condense on the electronics.

philliptan

Jun 29, 2005
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
I think the best choice is silica gel in your camera bag. When I was in Australia for 12 days, I didn't do anything special... but then humidity there is perfect for cameras.

lwt11137

Sep 19, 2005
Woodlands
put some silica gel into a flim canister and make some hole on the cover put your camera, lense and the flim canister into a ZIP LOCK bag and seal it when your camera is not using that wat I learn someone in this forum and this will solve all your worried.

No, Sigapore is more hot and wet/humiud...;)

edit: - just relax, go and enjoy yourself with plenty of photographs to show everyone here. Clean/wipe when you feel your lens is getting wet/dirty.

The camera is an equipment that has passed many tests before it is launched/sold to consumer, else the reputation of the manufacturer suffers...

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
lwt11137 said:
put some silica gel into a flim canister and make some hole on the cover put your camera, lense and the flim canister into a ZIP LOCK bag and seal it when your camera is not using that wat I learn someone in this forum and this will solve all your worried.
tried that, the silica wont last you a day. A few days is fine for the camera. Just remember to properly store it when you are back home.

Sep 25, 2005
Yew Tee
JediForce4ever said:
Hi guys, I'll be goin to cameroon highlands for a shooting trip this christmas.I heard that the air there is very moist and this might affect my lenses.Is there anyway to keep the camera and lenses dry during the trip besides drybox?I have thought of putting silica gel into my bag to keep the idsides dry too..is it feasible?Or do I even need to take all these measures at all?Thanks:)
I just came back from there last month. Weather there is not as bad as you think. :) Its like you are in the aircon room for 24 hrs lor. Not so cold/moist. As long as dun bring in/out of cold/hot temp...

I din do any special precautions for my camera. jut go there and shoot...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom