Prosumers Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjory

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Sony H9, Panasonic FZ50 and Canon S5IS

Which of these prosumers gives better, more vibrant colours?

And as well, good night shots.

Or is there any other prosumers to suggest?

Kodak P880.. got one in buy sell.

Never hear much on Kodak. Mostly I read from this forums all the hype is on Canon, Lumix and Sony.

for good night shots, use fuji. it has very high iso.

Sony H9, Panasonic FZ50 and Canon S5IS

Which of these prosumers gives better, more vibrant colours?

And as well, good night shots.

Or is there any other prosumers to suggest?
I personally use H9 and i find it very good..

Here is one of my personal shots..

2000975220866171912_rs.jpg

I compared the sample shots in dpreview and it seems that H9 have a slightly better colour contrast than the other 2 cameras.

Maybe users of Canon and Lumix can post their photos down here as well and we can do a comparison in this thread. Of course, there are different ways of taking the photos and at different settings, but just for reference yah.

In terms of noise it isnt too bad too..

It has bigger screen, and it comes with free adapter and lens hood, also free remote control..haha

This is one of the shots provided by GilbertGoh in one of his Canon S5IS sales thread..

IMG_0967.jpg

Great! Other prosumers users feel free to post your image as well. I think this can be a good reference for people wanting to compare different prosumers.

Great! Other prosumers users feel free to post your image as well. I think this can be a good reference for people wanting to compare different prosumers.

See my flickr account. :)
im an S5IS user.

less noise doesnt necessary great i realised, that's for prosumers lar
cause the noise reduction is usually by the work of the dunno wadeva software they use in the camera.

less noise reduction, which gives u noiser photo, somehow gave me more freedom to process the pictures to my preference.

i heard that canon S5 is good for taking macro

and FZ50 is not so good for night shot, but has good image stablizer thingy

so if you wanna compare photo of camera, do make sure compare all sort of photo, dun just see night shot or macro

Taken with my old FZ50 (which I sold away already). My verdict is that FZ50 gives good coulours in well lit conditions and has good IS. Reasons I switched to DSLR were the shutter lag and poor ISO performance of the prosumers.

Larger versions of the photos below can be found in my Flickr account. The FZ50 photos and D80 photos in my flickr are all together so you may have to look at the picture info to differentiate them.

FZ50 Monochrome mode:

457469628_64ec3a858b.jpg

FZ50 Macro mode + Canon 250D close up filter:

503301636_26f4498ecf.jpg

503301624_5e2faf0624.jpg

FZ50 Aperture Priority Mode:

1447277477_3220e079aa.jpg

471276204_267a9d72d3.jpg

macro ---> FZ50/S5
low light(using tripod please) ----> Fuji Series/S5

srry dunno so much bout the H9....

but if i were you, id be off buying the Kodak P880 already...read its specs....its an 24mm wide!!!
dun just follow blindly :p

I see pros and cons from each different cameras. Each has their own strengths. I presume it all boils down to how comfortable you are with the camera as well.

Nevertheless, I would still like to see more prosumer camera's samples down here for my reference.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.