Prosumers cameras questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsuhiko

Nov 1, 2004
Hougang
Currently I am using a Amconics 5MP cam and would like to find out whether can i add-on lens on it as i find digital zoom sux big time.

What precaution must I take if above is possible and how much would i need to invest.

Can the lens be used in dslr if i upgrade to one?

Thanks

checking with amconics website, I cannot find any accessories listed there, maybe you should check with the shop that you bought your camera from and ask them if there are any third party lenses for your camera.

Good luck, I think you need it.

Tetsuhiko said:
Currently I am using a Amconics 5MP cam and would like to find out whether can i add-on lens on it as i find digital zoom sux big time.

What precaution must I take if above is possible and how much would i need to invest.

Thanks

SOrry to say....Ortega is not that far off when he say ...good luck. Amconic is just another taiwan company that does the ...whatever you have, I will make one too type of techno company. They made digital camera to sell just like any other company who find there is a market for it and they have the manufacturing facility to do so. But unfortunately this is not an established camera making brand. so if you are looking for a lot of support or worst accessories you might be out of lucky. They are not a serious camera company..they are just making whatever is popular to turn a buck and so they go into it. Nothing wrong with that but if you are a serious hobbist who like to take good pictures and looking to buy accessories and uograde then you might be out of luck. Their cameras are what I would call point and shoot and not even prosumer type...even if it is a 5 mp. Sorry to say. There is no accessories for camera with "digital" zoom that I am a ware of. Even if you screw-on thread on your camera, you might be able to find some of those teleconvertors that magnify or add more zoom power to your camera's lens but your camera might not have the mechanical means to focus to the new focal length of the attachment. "built-in" digital zoom has no mechanical part. It simply "zoom" in closer into your CCD to give you that impression that your camera has moved in closer to the subject. But there is a problem with digital zoom..the more closer you zoom into a subject..the poorer the image quality and sharpness.

If you are serious about photography, I would suggest you buy a camera with a real optic zoom. But if you are just wanting to shoot some pictures for the fun of it...then stick with this one for a while to see how serious you really are about taking this up as a hobby. Since zoom mightnot be an option, there is no choice but for you to move in closer by walking closer to your subject if that is possible.

Tetsuhiko said:

Thanks

sorry i had never heard of this brand ..........

but i can tell you the lens cant be use in dslr for sure .....

well...guess is time to save money and get me a better camera

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.