Prosumer to complement DSLR?

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Who here has DSLR but still get a prosumer to shoot telephoto?

I am thinking of getting HS10 to complement my D90.

Most of the time SLR folks get a prosumer/consumer for the times they want something that fits in the pocket and shoots better than the handphone. There not much point bringing a small sensor camera along when the dSLR is around anyway; the IQ from the small cam is "no fight". Most ppl own either a prosumer or dSLR+consumer. The prosumer+dSLR combo not very practical; a high end prosumer camera requires its own batteries, accesories, sometimes even software and workflow; for the near $2k price, might as well just get a 300/4 or 100-400ish zoom for the dSLR system.

Most of the time SLR folks get a prosumer/consumer for the times they want something that fits in the pocket and shoots better than the handphone. There not much point bringing a small sensor camera along when the dSLR is around anyway; the IQ from the small cam is "no fight". Most ppl own either a prosumer or dSLR+consumer. The prosumer+dSLR combo not very practical; a high end prosumer camera requires its own batteries, accesories, sometimes even software and workflow; for the near $2k price, might as well just get a 300/4 or 100-400ish zoom for the dSLR system.

I second this.
Most of us who owns a dslr, usually owns a compact pns. Easily carry around so that we can always have one camera around. Doesn't make sense to own a prosumer after having a dslr unless he is a camera collector.

Who here has DSLR but still get a prosumer to shoot telephoto?

I am thinking of getting HS10 to complement my D90.
it depends. There are times when a prosumer is more useful when cannot bring/use a dslr either due to time or space constraint.

I myself have been doing some research for my own purchase.

Last edited:
Have a PNS camera as well to complement my dslr in situations whereby i don't wish to bring my dslr around. :D