prosumer recommendations needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

af2373

Oct 12, 2004
winning harbour
hi all, after all the reading up for quite a while, i have decided on a prosumer rather than a DSLR. reasons being, i hv a typical IBS syndrome and i worry my interest for photography dies off before anything else hence not worth the investment.

currently, looking at a few models.
Canon SX 20 IS
Panasonic Lumix FZ38
Canon G11

Did i leave out any worthy camera in this league? If so, do share.

purpose of use.
potraits of my family n friends. simple travel photography. some macro shoots while free. not really into zooming as i feel the pictures usually grainy with megazoom. night shoots.

thanks in advance, everyone!!!

For Travel, AA batteries are the best so my vote goes to the SX20 IS.

I think you can look at Ricoh GRD3 its a brilliant camera its lens is fast and sharp. Its color rendition is very pleasant. it has easy to use layout but enough manual functions to learn advance photography. Its a fix lens. so no zoom.
Its more expensive 960 from MScolor but its resale value is pretty good.
Highly recommend

I'm very happy with my Sony H50, H5 and H3.

thanks guys for yr input.

fixed lens with no zoom would be too restricting. nonetheless, thanks for the input!
somehow the reviews for canon G11 is only so so, nothing spectacular versus G10.

thanks guys for yr input.

fixed lens with no zoom would be too restricting. nonetheless, thanks for the input!
somehow the reviews for canon G11 is only so so, nothing spectacular versus G10.

The G11 is a very impressive camera. It's noise control is 1 stop better than the older G10.
Some pros overseas use it as their carry around camera when they don't want to bring their DSLR.

Alternatively, also look at the Canon S90

I like the swivel lcd on the G11; very useful for high and low shots.

I also like the solid construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.