which prosumer would you choose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

li0nheart07

Aug 27, 2006
Town
li0nheart07.multiply.com
i'm assisting my friend to seek experts and users for choices between Canon G10 and Nikon P90, however i recommended her Fujifilm S100fs

thus i seek CSers for inputs which would be a better choice compared among the 3...

thanks a million... though i trying to psycho her to get Nikon D90 + 18-200 VRII :cheergal:

PS: i posted wrongly initially... the vote should be Canon G10 instead of G9 please pardon my error..

Last edited:
IMHO,

Ask if she really interest in photography. and willing to spend more then 1k for camera. then can justified whether she need a DSLR

If for the prosumer you listed, I would rank G10, followed by S100fs then P90. Only personal preference.

If she is a close friend of yours, you could advice her to get a nikon cam, then you can shoot together with her while she can learn from you.

thanks for your valuable suggestions...
please keep your suggestions coming THANKS ;p
really depends what she wants to do.

might want to wait, Sony`s new dslr models might give the D90 a run for the money.

G10. Great little camera.

G10 of course..

WOW... it seems many were inclined to dSLR
would any want to explain to my poor little friend? who is in quite a dilemma...
she is quite small size with small hands also

I love the look and feel of the G10. I think the general consensus is that if you seldom take pics at higher ISOs, it is a great camera.

But dpreview.com has picked the Panasonic LX3 over the G10 as better overall. Of course, if you need a pretty good zoom, LX3 is a bit limited.

And I'm surprised you're looking at the Nikon P90. Isn't the P6000 a closer competitor to the G10?

If it was me, I'd probably go with the G10. Somehow, Canon colours seem more vivid than Panasonic's.

BTW, OT a bit - for travelling, I'm gonna buy me a Panasonic Lumix TZ 7 soon.

thanks bros and sises...

let the floodgate carry on...
must have more suggestion and explanation to convince my poor little friend :bsmilie:

i would not get the p90, nikon's P&S offerings often are not so good, based on experience

as for 100fs versus g10.. it really depends on size and handling

the 100fs handles more like a dslr, btw.

yeap... personally i recommended her to S100fs partly due to the function and capabilities of the camera works like a dSLR. as compared to P90 and G10... and also, i love the capabilities of S100fs and fascinated by the richness of the photos that was captured by Fiji cameras.

For better overal pic quality I put G10 but Fuji has its colors lol.

At this price point though a DSLR can also be recommanded. A canon 1000D can easily best any of the quality and cost less then a thousand brand new. You do trade portability though and its harder to handle.

For better overal pic quality I put G10 but Fuji has its colors lol.

At this price point though a DSLR can also be recommanded. A canon 1000D can easily best any of the quality and cost less then a thousand brand new. You do trade portability though and its harder to handle.

agrred ;) my personal preferences over Canon G10 was Fujifilm S100fs due to its richness in colours, no doubt Canon G10 was a great prosumer but speaking of great... i am inclined towards quality photography as such I swayed towards Fujifilm for its technologies... meanwhile other brands like Panasonic, Sony, etc... it was due to the noise control that irks me off to place in the comparison... while my friend opted between G10 and P90 partly due to her friends were Nikon users and recommended her to get P90...

however I do note that paying a price at that region, you can get a decent amatuer dSLR but nonetheless... it depends on the user whether is she ready to commit into the system in future, such as flash, grip, prime lens, tele lens, portrait lens, etc... which eventually her interest might dies off...

as such I hope brothers and sisters are able to give good advisories, pros and cons, to convince which camera will be good for her, rather than a lope-sided opinion that Canon and Nikon are the best in the industry

PS: not to take down on brands but rather a open-fielded comparisions and probably a learning path for newbies who are interested yet have many "WHYs" in their mind

bought my prosumer camera a few weeks back, the Canon SX10... not sure how ur friend narrowed down to her choices but for me it was betweem the SX10 and Lumix FX28. in the end got the SX10 because
-swivel LCD screem
-20x zoom
-stereo sound video
-price
-overall feel an weight

The most important is the photographer behind the camera.

If you want to know what is possible with the S100FS Fujifilm Finepix, you can go to my friend's website : he assembled two S100FS together to get 3D pictures. If you enter "diaporamas", you can watch online or upload "Elodie studio" on page 2 and "Mascarade Remiremont" on page 3 shoot withe the Finepix bridges. These two slideshows are available in 3D in "Diaporamas en 3D" section (cf at your right right on the top of page) but you need special glasses. http://www.auplusnet.com/Diaporamas2.htm

Wish you a pleasant visit,
YP

hmmmm...
looks like the results are more or less fixed

Fujifilm S100fs and Nikon P90 are not favourites compared to Canon G10
while dSLR will be a better choice compared to G10

Status
Not open for further replies.