Prosumer dilemma - Cnaon G10 or Panasonic LX3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobie

Jan 29, 2007
Which one to get? Asking myself this question since yesterday. Both are wide angle cams. I'll be using it for travelling and street/candid photography. Just want to hear some opinions, I am leaning toward the Canon side. Thank you.

Since you are leaning more to the Canon side, why not choose a decent dslr? Canon G10 is bigger & heavier than LX3, performance-wise on par with LX3, depending on your shots but definitely the losing end of the dslr.

luggin a dslr is a burden..
i think that it exactly what i was caught in between too..
i want decent pictures...slr is good but cumbersome to lug it during holidays...
especially u are going away to enjoy...and yet just want to capture some memories...
and if you are with wife and kids...slr is extra burden..
thats why there is prosumer to meet the needs...

the onlything i dont like about lx is it requires a lens cap - troublesome to me..
thing that g10 lacks to lx is the wide angle....

i choose a g10 instead...

i used to own g7 - 350d - ricoh - fuji - 40d - 450d - g10...
the only one i dont like is the fuji...
ricoh - lagging..but exterior looks cool and also it requires a lens cap - sucks!
when i choose a prosumer - priority is portability, then good pictures...having a lens cap doeesnt help at all...

it is a personal choice

canon never fail to impress...
however, i think 450d image q is inferior...maybe i have used a 40d with some l lens prior to 450d...
but i own the 450d for less than 2 months with only less than 5 shoots, i am disappointed with it...
i think a g10 can be on par....with all other factors constant; creativity and techniques

luggin a dslr is a burden..
i think that it exactly what i was caught in between too..
i want decent pictures...slr is good but cumbersome to lug it during holidays...
especially u are going away to enjoy...and yet just want to capture some memories...
and if you are with wife and kids...slr is extra burden..
thats why there is prosumer to meet the needs...
I agree with u.
But if the cam is used mostly for street & candid or travelling, i will recommend a decent dslr with the same price as a LX3 or a G10.
If it all comes down to only 2 choice between the LX3 and the G10, i will definitely go for the LX3, becos LX3 is more compact & lighter, has a wider angle range + faster lens than a G10.:thumbsup:

lx definitely more compact...
but i like the boxy look of g10...

regardless...
you must know why you a cam..because u want to capture moments you think it worthwile and meaningful to you...

dont be too caught up with hardware....waste money like me...

Read this comparison.
http://www.bythom.com/compactchallenge.htm

If you own a Canon Speedlite and want high MP = G10. Focal length to 140mm is useful for general purpose.
Otherwise LX-3. Pana has a f2.0(w)-2.8(t) leica sumicron which is the most tempting spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.