Property agents can earn as much as a cabinet minister

so let's all become property agents!

That should solve all our income inequality issues and lift the nation into glorious economic paradise. Imagine... everyone a millionaire! Shiok!

That should solve all our income inequality issues and lift the nation into glorious economic paradise. Imagine... everyone a millionaire! Shiok!

mao.jpg

Chairman Mao Approves

No wounder PM Lee wants to be property agent also :bsmilie:

Property agents can earn as much as a cabinet minister
Well.. a minister does get the money, whereas a property agent only can earn, if he's good.
But then, what's the value that a property agent delivers that would justify such a salary?

Meaningless article. Just a splash ad for a stupid kid who does not know that this is bad-press for him. Property got ups and downs. There will be lean times. There is no way to match Cabinet Minister's earning. Not to mention the gap in prestige between the two.
Some real estate agents have low status in SG society.

Last edited:
What amuses me is that the pay of a Cabinet Minister is used as a benchmark! Hahaha!!

In every sales job, there are successful ones or the elists. For example, insurance agents, dealers, making millions of dollar, etc. The usual 80/20 ratio.

Therefore, there is nothing to be surprised that some property agent makes millions. I personally know one property agent made $500,000 as commission for an enbloc sale. Just one deal, he can actually choose to close shop for a year or 2 but he continues his job daily.

Of course, one would say that such commission generated is not consistent, etc. Yes, you are right. Some months, you close no sale, while some months you can close high sales.

Comparing to minister's salary is relatively because the latter is on payroll + bonuses (variables) which are falrly consistent.

Therefore, you can only say that you can make millions just like a pay of a minister but is definitely not consistent on the monthly basis.

Well.. a minister does get the money, whereas a property agent only can earn, if he's good.
But then, what's the value that a property agent delivers that would justify such a salary?

A successful property agent helps his clients to make money. That's the main value.

A successful property agent helps his clients to make money. That's the main value.
Please elaborate further. I haven't seen any housing agent that would help increasing my salary.
And looking at where the agent gets his money from .. I seriously doubt such selfless proclamations (are you working in the marketing department of some property agency?).

Please elaborate further. I haven't seen any housing agent that would help increasing my salary.
And looking at where the agent gets his money from .. I seriously doubt such selfless proclamations (are you working in the marketing department of some property agency?).

What are talking about? How does a property agent help you in your salary? It has no relationship at all. Please read my post carefully. I am replying to your question on how does a property agent justify his commission or the value that you can obtain by engaging his service? So my answer is - a property agent helps his clients to make money from property transactions, that's the primary value that you can derive from him.

Having said that, he is a salesperson, commission-based, so you are wrong to say that he has a salary. His main source of income is from commission.

By the way, you have a choice of not engaging any property agent in your property transactions, you can do it yourself.

A property agent helps your property to apprecaites its value in years ahead and thereby making everyone a wealthy man in Singapore. :)

You mean they 'flip' properties and inflate the value of local properties thereby leading to inflation for the nation. So effectively only the property owner/s and the agent/s benefit. How does that make every Singaporean a wealthy person???

You mean they 'flip' properties and inflate the value of local properties thereby leading to inflation for the nation. So effectively only the property owner/s and the agent/s benefit. How does that make every Singaporean a wealthy person???

Some say lawyers and property agents have a special place for them in the afterlife :bsmilie:

Have you talked to the Singaporeans on the street and see how happy and weathy they are? :bsmilie:

They are all many times richer than they are 30 years ago because of the apartments they've bought. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Some say lawyers and property agents have a special place for them in the afterlife :bsmilie:

Some real estate agents also sell paper mansions with paper servants on the side so that the buyers will have a rich and comfortable afterlife. :bsmilie:

Reactions: hanzohattori
Funny...majority of Singaporeans actually feel much poorer COS of the sky rocketing property prices which requires 30 yrs to service the loan.

Have you talked to the Singaporeans on the street and see how happy and weathy they are? :bsmilie:

They are all many times richer than they are 30 years ago because of the apartments they've bought. :bsmilie: