Project, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agetan

Dec 31, 2004
www.tomato.sg
Guys...

I have been compiling photos for Minolta lenses, Bodies, Accessories...

You can find what I have so far @ Minolta Gear

If you would like to contribute and make this database bigger (since we are going to lost the name of Minolta soon) I will happy to upload the photos onto my pbase site.

Here is what I need (if available):
up to 2 images of the box
1 image of the entire content
1 image of front element (prefer if there is reflection to show colour)
1 image of rear element (prefer if there is reflection to show colour)
1 image of the body (close up)
1 image of special features on the lens...

Max 10 images per lens, prefer white background, black is ok too.

Image size should be max 600px @ 72 dpi at its longest side. (should be less than 100kb on each image)

You can email me at hart.tan@gmail.com if you can contribute. I will put your name with copyrighted on right hand corner of the photo, or if you prefer to do it yourself, please do so. Please send 1 lens per email, so it is easier to sort through them.

This project is to build up a database where people can refer to the lens and look at the lens much closer than what is available online.

Also, down the road, I might looking for image from the lens itself, but right now, please start with this.

Any help will appreciated.

I can show people how I take mine (not that I am that good), Don't have to be arty shot, just something people can see clearly on most aspect of the lens.

Hart

No one will help?

Uhm... dissapointed... ah well...

Hart

Look thru your website.. I can send you photos for the Tokina 17mm f3.5 lens.. and the black version of 75-300mm..
That's all..

Hi Hart,

Would love to help, but I only have the 18-70mm DT kit lens...
Just got my 5D and haven't got the time to even play with it...
Would support you when I get the Sigma 70-300mm APO Super MacroII
;)

Sure...

send it through... anything I don't have, please send it to me and I will load it up there.

Try to confirm with the "ideal" situation.

If you need anything, just ask... I will share what I know.

Hart

can maybe contribute one or two lenses that aren't already on your list. problem is that i tried taking the pix, and they turned out quite ugly... shadows etc. how do you get them the way they look on your site? if got an easy way to do it at home then i'll try. or can lend you and you take the pix...

Will send...

pai said:
can maybe contribute one or two lenses that aren't already on your list. problem is that i tried taking the pix, and they turned out quite ugly... shadows etc. how do you get them the way they look on your site? if got an easy way to do it at home then i'll try. or can lend you and you take the pix...

If you want you can come to my place and I show you how.

You have white paper about A0 size? and 3600HS or 5600HS? if so, we are in business.

Hart

white paper dun have, but can buy... A0 is... very very big right? :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

my flash is at the service centre... dunno if can collect tomorrow or not.

if u got time to demo i don't mind going down. learn something about product shots.

pai, u sure u can find 11-18mm for about $600 plus?

GENO said:
pai, u sure u can find 11-18mm for about $600 plus?

wah lau, why all of u ask me this question...

hart said cathay wanted $935 for the 11-18, so i said cathay very expensive, they tried to charge me $690 for a $550 lens (not the 11-18), suggest he try to find a cheaper one.

sorry if my post was misleading :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.