Programme for Mass Resizing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand

Jul 12, 2006
Singapore
hi guys.. i have 2oo+ photos to be resized..
is there any programme that can be used? i heard photoshop bridge can.. but i cant find it.. :embrass:

many thanks,
Hansen NG

is there any programme that can be used? i heard photoshop bridge can.. but i cant find it.. :embrass:

many thanks,
Hansen NG
try ACDsee pro.

able to do simple resize, sharpening, colorspace conversion...etc in batch. :thumbsup:

many thanks,
Hansen NG

If you are using CS 2, then look at this in Bridge

click: Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor from there it is quite intuitive.

Thank you,

ExplorerZ
chngpe01
biggmalique

for the uber fast reply!! ;)

How about those that can allow you to also do the following in bulk?
- Resizing (As mentioned)
- Crop
- Brightness
- Colour

I see those photo printing shop got those kind of software in their system... Wondering if there is any out there...

How about those that can allow you to also do the following in bulk?
- Resizing (As mentioned)
- Crop
- Brightness
- Colour

I see those photo printing shop got those kind of software in their system... Wondering if there is any out there...
ACDsee Pro is able to do that... but do note that diff photos require different adjustment in brightness/color/crop. so doing a batch on those might not be that good
beside that ACDsee Pro is able to do rotate, NR, sharpening, vignette, watermark... etc in batch as well... :thumbsup:

personally i use a little of sharpening after the resize for web upload. :thumbsup:

Photoshop Elements...

I believe it's called Process Multiple Files ;)

i use one with the filename "ImageResizerPowertoySetup". i think it was produced by microsoft as i got it from their site. it's very easy to use as it comes up part of ur right click menu when u right click a photo under "Resize Pictures" and then gives a very simple menu of sizing options.

try it. i swear by it for net hosted pictures.

i use one with the filename "ImageResizerPowertoySetup". i think it was produced by microsoft as i got it from their site. it's very easy to use as it comes up part of ur right click menu when u right click a photo under "Resize Pictures" and then gives a very simple menu of sizing options.

try it. i swear by it for net hosted pictures.
this is a good and simple 1... but what i don like is, one can't set the quality of the saved file... sometime the color become so patchy due to the compression.

This is my "weapon" of choice and I find it to be pretty good. It's called Batch Image Resizer. Since I discover it about a year back and downloaded it..It stays in my PC for all my batch work for my photos.

Key Features:
* Resize images in batch mode
* Rotate, stamp text on your images
* Built-in image viewer
* High Speed Processing
* Convert images among formats
* You can select any font for the comment text
* Windows Explorer-like pane on the left side of Batch Image Resizer interface
* 100% Windows XP Compatible
* Easy to use
* Work with the major image formats
* Rename image file names in batch mode
* Enlarge Photos, Images, Pictures
* Shrink Photos, Images, Pictures

Link: http://www.jklnsoft.com/

Thanks,
rOnGrEn
zac08
Witness
dan_1337
and
sammy888 for ur help!! ;)

this is a good and simple 1... but what i don like is, one can't set the quality of the saved file... sometime the color become so patchy due to the compression.

that's true. but it's good enough for me when resizing hundreds for a simple online album.

i think that if you're resizing just one or two, use PS to do it. much better. actually, i think u can batch process but i've forgotten how.

that's true. but it's good enough for me when resizing hundreds for a simple online album.

i think that if you're resizing just one or two, use PS to do it. much better. actually, i think u can batch process but i've forgotten how.
i still prefer ACDsee Pro for batch resize, its fast as the application doesn't have to open the file and do a resize and then save. it just convert and save just like the microsoft plugin, but able to choose quality of save. :thumbsup: take less than a sec to resize a 6MP photo to 0.3MP. :sweatsm:

i still prefer ACDsee Pro for batch resize, its fast as the application doesn't have to open the file and do a resize and then save. it just convert and save just like the microsoft plugin, but able to choose quality of save. :thumbsup: take less than a sec to resize a 6MP photo to 0.3MP. :sweatsm:

Grr.. i cant set up ACDsee Pro.. im missing some kinda file on my com.. :cry:

Grr.. i cant set up ACDsee Pro.. im missing some kinda file on my com.. :cry:

hehe...you got yourself an authentic version or ..... ACDsee has in the last year or more been very active with throwing in as many stupid security and anti piracy plugin and files including have you log online to use some of it's features. If certain files or something is a miss, it does not work 100% for all the features hehe... Now if you got the original version then I would suggest you complain to them to rectify it. But I also know in the last few version, it is getting too bloated just like acrobat or norton. That is why I have stop using it since version 7. Let me know if you want to try an alternative.

IrfanView. Can do all sorts of stuff including batch processing (Cropping, resizing, colour depth change, flipping, rotation, greyscale, negative, sharpening, brightness, contrast, gamma, saturation, colour balance, etc) and renaming. Oh, and it's free! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.