Profile of a Katydid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_jason

Jul 22, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Such a pretty looking insect, and the best part is they don't move!

1/20s f/8.0 at 180.0mm iso200 with Flash
29671874.jpg

1/10s f/11.0 at 180.0mm iso200 with Flash
29671875.jpg

1/10s f/11.0 at 180.0mm iso200 with Flash
29671876.jpg

Wah solid Jason :thumbsup:

Love the #1 but somehow something is missing..... can't tell :think:

Thx Zookeeper and Sonix.

Sonix: What's missing? Hmmm.... :think: :dunno:. Bikini model? :bsmilie:

sonix said:
Wah solid Jason :thumbsup:

Love the #1 but somehow something is missing..... can't tell :think:

Are u refering to wings, which are found on butts, dragons, bees?

wow, immediately I must say great pics and great control of DOF

:thumbsup: nice composition and sharpness.
i think i know wad wrong with the 1st pic instead of wad thing is missing. the feelers is being chopped! :bsmilie:

That's a good one, Jason. I like the persfective of the first shot. Good angle, nice background and sharp subject. :)

Thx azone, ed9119, binbeto, YC and Edsel. :D

Looks like I really must keep an eye out for more Katydids to shoot. They are usually well camouflaged. I think this one was spotted by either Papilio or FujiS2.

YC: Feelers being chopped off, you're right. They are so long! I got a shot with a cricket, and I included it's entire length of feelers in, and the resulting picture of the main subject came out tiny. So for this one I decided to go with the main subject and sacrifice the feelers.

I like the 3rd one. But the right bright corner is bit distracting. What about touching with PS :)

Ajeesh

Very cute... nice catch! Pterophylla camellifolia right?

Good pictures. I got photos of this but without the wings. Until today I am not sure of the ID, It was Id as juvenile grasshopper. Can someone verify.

Thanks.

Thanks Ajeesh, oeyvind and airforce1.

Ajeesh: I'm quite a PS dumbo, only can use basic curves and USM. My clone stamp is quite rough.

oeyvind: Hmmm not too sure about the particular species name. It should be from the Pseudophyllinae family, but exactly which one I'm not sure. These insects arn't as well doccumented locally as butterflies are.

airforce1: Actually, crickets, katydids, cicadas and grasshoppers can sometimes can be confused for each other very easily, especially grasshoppers and particular species of katydids. Must observe the body structure and other parts of the insects to be sure.

Great series, Jason. The focus is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.