Professional makeovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi wildhoney,

No doubt that a decent and professional looking photo leaves a good impression on your prospective employer, personally I've seen the works of Glamour Shots and I'm not very impressed with the makeup, lighting and the end results. I vote for your choice of beauty box as their works looks much better than Glamour shots.

Hmm.. red lipstick is not a 'must' in the working world ( I don't wear red lipsticks myself, Unless you're with the SIA ;)) , most importantly is the way one carry herself. No doubt you'll have to put on a little bit of make up as a form of respect. ;) IMHO, I feel that minimal make up and lots of self confidence is the rule I try to keep... you wouldn't want to put on loads of makeup to make your employer think that you're more interested in putting in time and effort on yourself than on the job.

Good luck in your search...

Originally posted by Violett
Hmm.. red lipstick is not a 'must' in the working world ( I don't wear red lipsticks myself, Unless you're with the SIA ;)) , most importantly is the way one carry herself. No doubt you'll have to put on a little bit of make up as a form of respect. ;) IMHO, I feel that minimal make up and lots of self confidence is the rule I try to keep... you wouldn't want to put on loads of makeup to make your employer think that you're more interested in putting in time and effort on yourself than on the job.

Very true....personally, I have higher regards for ladies who put on minimal makeup or non at all, but can still express their confidence, style and zest. For ladies who really doll themselves up and apply heavy makeup, I'll usually have my reserves. I'd have one question too: how early do they have to wake up every morning just to put on those makeup, and that if they are confident of themselves, why do they need so much artificial stuffs to make themselves look good?

Originally posted by Tweek

Very true....personally, I have higher regards for ladies who put on minimal makeup or non at all, but can still express their confidence, style and zest. For ladies who really doll themselves up and apply heavy makeup, I'll usually have my reserves. I'd have one question too: how early do they have to wake up every morning just to put on those makeup, and that if they are confident of themselves, why do they need so much artificial stuffs to make themselves look good?

Hmm.,. that depends on individual.. for me, it take 15 mins for hair and makeup. You're right to some extend.. Yes, Confidence is the main key but going to the office with a pale face and dark eye rings is definately not very nice and might even scare your colleagues :bsmilie: .. The key is to look Fresh ;) and not going into the office looking as if you have not slept for 5 nights and looking very sickly. Neither giving the impression that you have spent 3 hours in front of the mirror and still scaring your colleagues . :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Violett

Hmm.,. that depends on individual.. for me, it take 15 mins for hair and makeup. You're right to some extend.. Yes, Confidence is the main key but going to the office with a pale face and dark eye rings is definately not very nice and might even scare your colleagues :bsmilie: .. The key is to look Fresh ;) and not going into the office looking as if you have not slept for 5 nights and looking very sickly. Neither giving the impression that you have spent 3 hours in front of the mirror and still scaring your colleagues . :bsmilie:

yup definitely one should look fresh and groom properly for work, it's a basic respect for the workplace and the colleagues. I was saying that some ladies can do it with minimal makeup or non at all, and it's not that they are naturally good looking, I guess it's a lot on staying healthy, being optimistic and being self-confident.

Originally posted by Tweek

yup definitely one should look fresh and groom properly for work, it's a basic respect for the workplace and the colleagues. I was saying that some ladies can do it with minimal makeup or non at all, and it's not that they are naturally good looking, I guess it's a lot on staying healthy, being optimistic and being self-confident.

Yup, I totally agree... ;)

Er... don't put on purple lipstick can liao. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.