Product Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer an all white background for your product shot as in picture 06.jpg.

However, the framing seems rather tight and gives me a very cramped feeling. Peharps if you left more framing room?

Also, the colour of the shaver, as well as the product name, seems washed out. An exposure like the first 5 photos would be good against a white background...

Ah... be careful of reflections! is that a canon V u r using?

;) nice shaver though.

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
Ah... be careful of reflections! is that a canon V u r using?

;) nice shaver though.

haha its a canon. s30.. =X

didnt notice that part was reflective until i shoot it... hehe...will apply the hair spray next time.

Originally posted by n.dee
haha its a canon. s30.. =X

didnt notice that part was reflective until i shoot it... hehe...will apply the hair spray next time.

Curious. Why hair spray? Does it cut down in reflections?

yeah the hairspray reduces glossiness on a reflective surface, theres special "dulling" spray out there, but those are more expensive.

:thumbsup:

here is the new one i took.

Shaver14.jpg

inputs welcome :D

Hi nice pictures....
It would be nice to do a series of pictures of the shaver in difference perspective. For example, adding the water droplets in the updated post is good. Maybe you can taking it in silhoulette outlining the curves of the shaver? Or maybe a close up on the shaving blades itself? It will make the product more exciting.

Btw, somehow wet shaver with feathers underneath it looks like a weird combination... Feathers in a bathroom? A towel will do much better here. For product shots, I believe the complementary setting should either be related to the product ( bathroom scenario) or not at all ( blank background etc). Introducing a paradoxial item like feathers seem a bit too surreal.

Can see your hands in the reflections.
Found the picture perfect, till that point.

hey thanks for the comment, that sounds like really enlighting for me. The towel idea is kewl. I didnt thought of that though until u said it.. :D

well take note of that next time when im taking a product shot...thanks dude. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.