Dec 3, 2002
Singapore, Woodlands
www.arigin.sg
Comments? Which is better among this 2?

Som1.jpg

Som2.jpg

:embrass:

I love the second one... ... :bsmilie:

i prefer the first one. 1. the play of highlights against shadows 2. compositional tilt angle is more appealing.

Lighting is backlit with enough details on the 'brand' of the bottle.

reachme2003 said:
i prefer the first one. 1. the play of highlights against shadows 2. compositional tilt angle is more appealing.

Lighting is backlit with enough details on the 'brand' of the bottle.

If i may add, the leaning forward of the bottle is aggressive in stance as opposed to leaning back in the 2nd shot. thus, the 1st shot has more marketing appeal.

i like the second one. but the top portion too heavy with color. maybe can try lightening it a bit.

wat lens did u use to shoot??

i'm with checker on this one, the second one i prefer of the two but it needs a smoother transition with the colours in the background. also, have you tried playing around with the background more to make the cap more visible? it seems to disappear which is cool but kinda weird and akward

the first one would probably be better mainly for women's perfume because of the lighting and angle and overall feel, the 2nd has a manlier feel with darker tones

very nicely done though. i'm liking them

Goody goody num num....2nd one pls

Your title reminded of the movie "Scent of a Woman" starring Al Pacino.

Anyhow, I like the 2nd pic. Do you happen to know how does this perfume smell?

My personal feeling of the 2nd pic convey a mood that is woody and musky.

checker said:
i like the second one. but the top portion too heavy with color. maybe can try lightening it a bit.

wat lens did u use to shoot??

Thanks, I did not use a DSLR to shoot it, it was done with my G2.

reachme2003 said:
If i may add, the leaning forward of the bottle is aggressive in stance as opposed to leaning back in the 2nd shot. thus, the 1st shot has more marketing appeal.

The first shot might work well with "Of a Woman" instead of "Of A Man" as the leaning forward might symbolize the woman leaning forward while the 2nd one will fit the "OF a Man" title as the man lean back to show off his biceps and muscles. haha.

Just what I suddenly thought while reading through the comments... :embrass:

tlucmpla said:
Your title reminded of the movie "Scent of a Woman" starring Al Pacino.

Anyhow, I like the 2nd pic. Do you happen to know how does this perfume smell?

My personal feeling of the 2nd pic convey a mood that is woody and musky.

Yeah, Its the perfume that Im using everyday. It does smell a little woody I think. But not very sure. Its a nice perfume after all. :) I didnt watch the title Scent of a Woman though...but the title was named after the perfume. :embrass:

sphinx said:
i'm with checker on this one, the second one i prefer of the two but it needs a smoother transition with the colours in the background. also, have you tried playing around with the background more to make the cap more visible? it seems to disappear which is cool but kinda weird and akward

the first one would probably be better mainly for women's perfume because of the lighting and angle and overall feel, the 2nd has a manlier feel with darker tones

very nicely done though. i'm liking them

Well no, I havent tried playing with the background, not enough time to try out...Not sure if some photoshop will make the color transition smoother.

Thanks, Im liking them too :embrass:

n.dee said:
Yeah, Its the perfume that Im using everyday. It does smell a little woody I think. But not very sure. Its a nice perfume after all. :) I didnt watch the title Scent of a Woman though...but the title was named after the perfume. :embrass:

i have that too! but the scent do not last very long!

sphinx said:
Erm....when I saw the title, I thot the idea was to sell the image of this man's perfume to the women whom, being unable to resist the image, would clamour for their men to wear the perfume, or buy it for their men? ;p

I like the 2nd image....and I'm a women...a true-blue one too. :bsmilie:

ghibli said:
Erm....when I saw the title, I thot the idea was to sell the image of this man's perfume to the women whom, being unable to resist the image, would clamour for their men to wear the perfume, or buy it for their men? ;p

I like the 2nd image....and I'm a women...a true-blue one too. :bsmilie:

Thanks...so will you want to get this "Scent of a Man" for your Man? ;)
Perhaps they should really have a "Scent of a Woman" for true-blue...woman like..you? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.